There are a bunch of different types of productions that would require you to get a great quality miter saw. And if it’s mainly huge size objects, looking into the best 12 inch miter saw for the money makes just the right sense.
From door frames and window casings to even picture frames, you can make some amazing things out of these structures once there’s the right miter saw at your workshop. No matter if you are a full-time professional or simply someone who loves woodworking as a hobby.
So, shall we start already the piece of writing that would tell you about not one but a total of five miter saws that are right now on the top of the game? We can hear you saying yes, let’s start then!
- 1 Best 12 Inch Miter Saw for the Money–5 Top Picks
- 2 How To Choose the Best 12 Inch Miter Saw for the Money?
- 3 Reviewing The Best 12 Inch Miter Saw for the Money
- 3.1 1. Makita LS1221 12″ Compound Miter Saw
- 3.2 2. DEWALT DWS779 Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- 3.3 3. DEWALT DWS716XPS Miter Saw
- 3.4 4. RIDGID 12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
- 3.5 5. BOSCH GCM12SD Miter Saw
- 4 Wrap Up
Best 12 Inch Miter Saw for the Money–5 Top Picks
- Makita LS1221 12” Compound Miter Saw –This could be your best miter saw for trim work specifically that can also excel in giving accurate and quite solid sawing experience every time. The finish is very on point, quite admirable actually and for the pricing, it’s not wrong to say it’s almost flawless.
- DEWALT DWS779 Sliding Compound Miter Saw – It’s by far the best miter saw for workshop that needs you to stay focused without much noise. Because this keeps things quiet and does not fight for your sanity with annoyingly loud noise while operating. Oh, it’s also very powerful by the way and the adjustments are easy to accomplish.
- DEWALT DWS716XPS Miter Saw – The DWS716XPS is a very interesting model that comes with an eye-catching overall appearance. But it’s not just good with the looks, it’s also fascinating at working. Especially when you are handling oak, walnut and ash materials. The hardwoods are fabulous to handle with ease and there’s no wiggle or flexes as well.
- RIDGID 12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw – We are going to call it the best cheapest miter sawthat comes with a huge cutting capacity. There’s also a great auto-lock setting that helps with the operations and keeps things safe for the most part.
- BOSCH GCM12SD Miter Saw – A fantastic one from Bosch that is believed to be the best miter saw for crown molding and also to cut hardwood. This powerful miter saw comes with a nice axial glide system that comes with a nice amount of accuracy and also a solid body to deal with a number of tasks. It’s also simple to control the motion resistance with this one.
How To Choose the Best 12 Inch Miter Saw for the Money?
This segment is meant to discuss the features or factors that you should be aware of before making a choice. Because usually, these are the most important things one needs to consider beforehand getting a miter saw for less cost. Shall we?
Check The Blade Size & Its Capacity
Before you look at anything else, the dimension of the blade, as well as the cutting capacity, is something that’ll give good accuracy and stability when ripping the crown. You would love to have a saw that has a fence to cut against it for taller trims.
A 12-inch blade of a miter saw is a good blend of clearance and support, that would perform better than smaller ones. Though the 10-inch blades are also good for clearance, still you’ll get better cutting support in 12-inch one.
Try To Get the Laser Cut Line Feature Included
The setup of the laser-cut line is a major factor that makes all the difference between a straight and jazzy contour of material. By the way, some affordable miter saws don’t have the LED cut-line indicator. And this could ruin the cutting line.
Does that mean you won’t able to crown mold without a laser-cut line? Well, that’s not the case. A few budget-friendly miter saws can do well to cut in the right shape without the feature.
Make Sure You Know What to Give up On–Usually It’s Fast Spinning
Having the budget miter saw, along with a 12-inch blade attached, is a blessing for medium to small projects. Speaking of that, you will pay less for a 12-inch miter saw that would support you to cut harder stuff such as plywood, lumber, big trees, and so on.
However, due to its blade size, the miter saw might cause slow-spinning compared to smaller models. Other than that, it is good for making furniture.
Is The 12-Inch Miter Saw Powerful Enough for Your Tasks?
There are some inexpensive miter saws powered with motors that help to go through thick wood easily. But it’s true that most budget options do lack to perform in a higher power to take out big jobs.
However, that doesn’t mean you’ll have to deal with a weak miter saw, as the affordable (not poorly cheap) options can give better strength and rigidity.
Don’t Overlook the Importance of Non-Slip Grip for Your Safety
The grip is something you want to inspect when choosing an inexpensive miter saw that’ll support hot or wintery weather. It’s quite essential to think about comfort in molding and trimming works.
Besides, this is something that connects your fatigue issue situation with a better grasp. With a soft and non-slip grip, you’ll discover your cuts are good while your hand still able to work. in short, you want to go with a nice grip included a cheap miter saw.
Reviewing The Best 12 Inch Miter Saw for the Money
Let’s not wait and just jump right into the reviews to know why or not you should be considering any of these five picks. Perhaps, you’ll agree and get one suitable miter saw discovered meanwhile, who knows?
1. Makita LS1221 12″ Compound Miter Saw
- 4,000 RPM of motor speed.
- Crosscuts 8” board at 90°.
- 0° to 45° bevels to left side.
- 0° to 48° miters to left & right.
- 37 pounds of saw weight.
Presenting one of the best 12 inch miter saw for professional uses, the Makita LS1221 is a game-changer option that completes your ripping jobs. This saw features all things that you’ll need for trimming both upright or horizontally against the fence.
You’ll get a big ripping capacity of 3-7/8″ x 6″ at a 90° angle to handle roughly thick to sleek woods precisely. Plus, this saw is good for cutting door frames and picture frames.
In short, if you want the best miter saw for the money that offers room, comfort, and accuracy, then it won’t let you down.
- Cuts repeatedly with nice accuracy.
- Comes with positive stops.
- Pretty powerful tool.
- Light in weight.
- Useful sliding features.
- Not for the beginner woodworker.
2. DEWALT DWS779 Sliding Compound Miter Saw
- Made with stainless steel material.
- Includes solid miter detent plate.
- 3,800 RPM of motor speed.
- 5/8″ or 1 inch of the arbor.
- 3 years limited warranty.
Coming to one of the best miter saw for trim work, the DeWalt DWS779 is the ideal instance of a quiet but powerful tool that holds nice precision. Offering nice adjustments to make an angled cut from 0-48 degrees, it is great for trimming woody stuff.
Even if this saw doesn’t offer a LED laser, it works like an ace to cut fast thanks to the 15-amp motor with 3,800 RPM speed. You will also find this saw comfortable to work with.
Overall, for those of you who prefer the best miter saw for furniture making, we suggest using it that features 10 positive stops and a 12” sharp blade.
- Simple to work with.
- Features a dust collection system.
- Very powerful to rip woody stuff.
- Doesn’t make loud noises.
- Versatile and flexible.
- A few users wish for the laser feature which it doesn’t include.
3. DEWALT DWS716XPS Miter Saw
- Features double bevels.
- 3,800 RPM of motor speed.
- 50 degrees of cutting angle.
- 0° to 50° milter capacity on both sides.
- Includes 14 positive stops.
Having the best miter saw for beginners that holds good looks and finish along with performance is quite impossible? Not with this one as it offers XPS laser line system to help you cut in a straight line just like you wanted to that has tall sliding fences.
With this saw, you can pretty easily go through hardwoods such as oak, walnut, ash, lumber, and other stuff. And also, this saw doesn’t flex or vibrate when you trim the door framing.
To sum it up, it is one of the best 12 inch miter saw that has a large angle dial and 4 positive stops for fast adjustments.
- Ideal for lumber and oak trim.
- The XPS light is a plus point.
- Love the angle locking clamp function.
- Effortless to carry.
- Excellent cutting capacity.
- Some of the parts are built with cheap materials.
4. RIDGID 12 in. Dual Bevel Sliding Miter Saw
- 4,000 RPM of motor speed.
- 0° to 70° miter range.
- 6 feet cable included.
- 4 inches of max cutting thickness.
- Features LED cut line indicator.
The RIDGID 12-inch comes in as the comfiest saw in our list for its affordable price, miter range, and cut angles. Luckily, it holds no parts made out of weak plastic material. You’ll also have clearance and smoothness of blade work to trim wood frames at ease.
That’s not all. It lets you have all the facilities of a 4” cutting capacity that won’t crack the surface. And, this saw is also fine for crown molding and carpentry.
In a nutshell, it is one of the best 12-inch dual bevel sliding compound miter saw that offers auto-lock settings, bevel range, and strong motor.
- Lasts a good while.
- Accurate stops in different angles.
- Nice bang for the bucks.
- User-friendly and powerful.
- The storage is okay.
- It is hard to assemble the stand.
5. BOSCH GCM12SD Miter Saw
- Bevels 0° to 47° in both sides.
- 3,800 RPM of motor speed.
- Includes 60 teeth.
- Two 33.9° bevel stops.
- Features fixed stainless steel milter scale.
Would you like to have one of the best miter saw for fine woodworking that contains a soft-grip handle, 2 bevel stops, and a strong milter scale? The BOSCH GCM12SD is a nice choice to help you have the comfort of usage with a big cutting range.
Unlike others, you are able to maintain the motion of cut resistance thanks to bevel detents and have nice torque for ripping hardwood at ease.
On the whole, it is one of the best miter saw for crown molding that holds an axial glide system and 90% dust collection.
- Easy to use.
- Nice patented glide system for crosscuts.
- Simple to adjust the bevel.
- Rip woods straight & smooth like butter.
- Perfect for small works.
- This miter saw isn’t able to make square cuts.
So, we have come to the very end of this discussion. And like always, we’ll give an opinion on which one among them all seems to be the best pick overall. Before that, we still want to clear the fact that you should be the sole decision-maker for your case. Because nobody else in this world can decide for you the right choice of any tool that would blend well with your set of needs and working routine.
Now coming to the best overall pick (according to us), it’s the Makita LS1221 12” Compound Miter Saw. Not only does it work fantastically at giving great ripping results but also for trim jobs, this miter saw will be fabulous at it. The price point is low and the motor speed is 4000 RPM. It just looks like the perfect combo when someone is looking for a 12-inch miter saw that fits most budgets.
And on that note, we’ll be signing off for today!
Leave a Reply