Searching for the best air compressor under 150? Need an air compressor which is portable along with powerful? Then here we are to present you the topmost 3 air compressors under 150 bucks.
When we talk about compressed air we focus on the pressure generated by the air compressor. Another determiner of the capacity of an air compressor is the CFM (the cubic feet per minute) of the compressor. So before buying an air compressor you need to focus on the CFM as well as PSI of the air compressor according to the necessity of your work.
In this review, we will not only show you the name of the air compressors but also will talk about the capacity with pros and cons so that you can select the right one according to your need. Let’s have a look who knows your powerhouse of garage is waiting here for you or not!
- 1 Quick Overview:
- 2 Products Review of Best Air Compressor under 150
- 2.1 Senco PC1010 Portable Hot Dog Air Compressor
- 2.2 Craftsman CMEC6150K Pancake Air Compressor
- 2.3 CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 Portable Air Compressor Link:
- 3 Buying Guide:
- 4 The Closer:
- From our years of experiment on small to medium and portable to stationary air compressors, we have found the topmost three air compressors under 150 bucks. You can even get industrial pressure from these low-range air compressors.
- Craftsman CMEC6150K Pancake Air Compressor is a complete solution for drying and blowing as it has a 13 pieces accessory kit that carries 2 blowguns with nozzles. And you will be surprised to know that the 30 lbs. power horse can produce up to 150 PSI max pressure. If you are searching for a complete package for blowing, airbrushing, and inflating then Craftsman CMEC6150K Pancake Air Compressor is the best for you.
- Need a quieter workplace? Don’t want to irritate your neighbors by the intolerable noise of a bulky air compressor? Then what are you waiting for? Grab Senco PC1010 Portable Hot Dog Air Compressor as it has a noise level of 68 db for low RPM. Along with low noise, this tiny device is super portable with 20 lbs. body weight. And don’t worry about the pressure level. This hot dog air compressor has a max PSI of 135 with a 0.5 HP oil-free motor.
- And when you need continuous air-flow to operate nail guns, airbrushes, small crafting, and inflating then there is no other alternative to CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 Portable Air Compressor as it has twin air tanks with the capacity of 2 gallons. And this compact air compressor unit has a UMC pump which ensures the easy starting of the motor in extremely cold weather. For running garage air tools CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 Portable Air Compressor unit is the best budget air compressor.
Products Review of Best Air Compressor under 150
Senco PC1010 Portable Hot Dog Air Compressor
- Engine: 0.5 HP
- Dimension: 14 x 13 x 10 inches
- Weight: 20 Pounds
- Max Pressure: 135 PSI
- SCFM: 0.7 at 90 PSI
- Tank Size: 1 Gallon
- Noise Level: 68 dB
- Single-stage, oil-free 0.5 HP electric powered, maintenance-free, direct-drive motor ensures efficient operation
- 1-gallon aluminum air tank can store 135 max air pressure with max CFM 1.4 at 40 PSI
- The oil-free pump is ultra-quiet with a noise level of 68 which allows conversation while working with the unit
- This 20 pounds super light unit can be used for both residential as well as commercial purpose
Senco PC1010 Portable Hot Dog Air Compressor is one of the cheapest air compressors with 1 HP peak power and 0.5 HP running power capacity. This compressor unit is super portable for its 20 lbs. steel body weight.
The unit carries one regulator to control pressure, a universal pressure switch with an on/off switch, a quick coupler to connect the air hose, an air tank with a drain valve which you need to drain every day to prevent moisture problems.
The unit is totally noise-free for low RPM which creates only 68 dB sound which is tolerable for human hearing. Again this super quiet device can deliver 20 to 44 drivers per minute.
This small yet powerful unit is a complete solution for inflating jobs as well as airbrushing, hobbies painting, and craft paint. And Senco provides a 1-year warranty for this best budget air compressor which is a complete workhorse of residential as well as commercial areas.
- Ultra Quiet
- Maintenance-free Pump
- Lightweight and Portable
- Small but powerful
- No Wheels to Carry
Craftsman CMEC6150K Pancake Air Compressor
- Capacity: 0.8 HP
- Dimension: 16.5 x 16.5 x 17.88 inches
- Weight: 30 lbs.
- PSI: 150
- SCFM: 2.6 at 90 and 3.5 SCFM at 40
- Air Tank: 6 Gallon
- Noise Level: 82 DB.
- 8 HP oil-free, electric corded, single-stage motor ensures adequate cut-in pressure for a variety of applications
- Portable 6-gallon air tank and bar handle with three rubber feet stand to maximize portability
- The durable, oil-free pump requires no maintenance and makes sure the long lifespan
- The unit has max SCFM 3.5 at 40 PSI and 2.6 at 90 PSI that recovers quickly for faster work
- This compressor carries 13 pieces accessory kit which is a complete solution for finishing to inflating
Craftsman CMEC6150K Pancake Air Compressor is one of the best air compressors for small shops under 150 bucks. This air compressor unit carries 13 pieces of accessory kit including a Blow Gun with OSHA safety nozzle, 3 pieces of inflator adaptors, a rubber tip, another piece of blowgun with plug and tire gauge, 25 feet long PVC air hose with coupler, and plug with the diameter of ¼ inch.
The unit consists of two quick couplers for dual workers working at a time, a regulator for operating the unit, two pressure gauges; one is for measuring tank pressure, another is for measuring regulator pressure, a universal pressure switch with on/off switch, safety valve for releasing extra pressure which prevents blasting.
The compressor has 150 PSI max pressure which is sufficient for running finish nailer, blow gun, tire inflator, and other small power tools of shops. And you will be glad to know that the handy device has the configuration of operating even in extremely cold weather. In a word Craftsman, CMEC6150K Pancake Air Compressor is a great option for the best budget air compressor for the small garage as well as shop.
- Easily starts in cold weather
- High Pressure
- Super portable
- Faster recovery time
- Louder motor causes irritation
- No wheels to carry
CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 Portable Air Compressor Link:
- Capacity: 1/3 HP
- Dimension: 14.56 x 13.18 x 16.14 inches
- Weight: 22.8 pounds
- Max Pressure: 125 PSI
- Noise Level: 78 dB
- Air tank: 2 Gallons
- Oil-free, 1/3 HP electric motor ensures sufficient air and requires no maintenance
- 2 gallons twin tank design has the max air pressure of 125 at max CFM of 0.7 at 40 PSI
- The electric AC type 120 voltage compact compressor is ideal for running home appliances like a spray gun, nail guns, inflating, and airbrushing
- The UMC pump makes sure the easy as well as fast start up the motor even in extremely cold weather
- The unit is super portable for its 22.82 pounds body weight with a rubber-grip handle to carry the unit
CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 Portable Air Compressor is a compact twin tanks air compressor with a high-performance motor of 1/3 HP. This tiny compressor may take the place of the powerhouse of your garage by its lightweight and high-pressure configuration.
When you will buy the compressor you will get an air hose of 6 feet in length, an air filter to separate the moisture, 5 feet power cord, and a 1-year warranty with the compressor unit.
The compressor consists of a regulator to control the unit, a tank pressure gauge to measure tank pressure, an outlet pressure gauge to measure the pressure of compressed air, a quick coupler to connect the air hose, a safety valve to release extra pressure, a drain valve to drain the moisture, a pressure switch with on/off switch and a handle with rubber grip to carry the unit.
You will be delighted to know that this low-budget air compressor can do not only inflating but also nailing, airbrushing of small crafts, dusting, and so on. In a word CRAFTSMAN CMXECXA0220242 is a compact choice for a small home garage with a limited budget.
- Quick recovery time
- Low weight compressor
- Compact design
- Easy start-up in cold weather
- Oil-free design requires no maintenance
- The horizontal tank requires more space
- Louder Motor
- No wheels to carry
We have seen the configurations of the topmost 3 air compressors under 150 bucks. Before buying an air compressor what you need to do is following some tips. Here we are providing an additional buying guide that will assist you to select the right air compressor according to your project like a pro.
Area of Application:
To select the right air compressor what you need to consider first is the area of application. If you want only inflating or dusting then a pancake air compressor is suitable for you. Again if you want to run garage tools then go for the 20-gallon air compressors. And if you want to carry out professional painting then check our review on the best air compressor for spray painting.
The Capacity of the Compressor:
Capacity of an air compressor is another determiner of an air compressor. It is expressed with PSI (the pounds per square inch), CFM (cubic feet per minute), and Horsepower of the compressor. You will find all these units written on the body of the compressor.
And every power tool has a specific CFM as well as PSI rating. So before buying an air compressor focus on the CFM as well as PSI and buy such an air compressor that can fulfill the meet of your air tools.
Oiled vs. Oil-free:
Oiled air compressors are durable and powerful than oil-free ones. On the other hand, oil-free air compressors are cheaper. If your place of operation is average to large industries then go for an oiled air compressor for durability. And for running home appliances oil-free one is the best.
Reading the Manual Book:
And reading out the manual book after buying an air compressor is a must for operating the compressor. It will provide you the basic ideas of operation which will save you from any unexpected situation like blasting.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Question: What size air compressor is the best within a low budget?
Answer: The size of an air compressor is not the determiner of its capacity. What you need to focus on is the PSI and CFM of the compressor along with its portability according to the area of application.
Question: How long does a portable air compressor tank last?
Answer: A portable air compressor may last 10 to 15 years if it is maintained properly.
Question: What is the CFM of a low-budget air compressor?
Answer: CFM refers to the volume of air of an air compressor. Normally the CFM range for running home appliances is 0-5 ratings. And low-budget air compressors within 150 bucks have the CFM ratings of 0.5 to 1.00 at 40 PSI.
Question: Oiled or oil-less, which air compressor is the best?
Answer: Oiled air compressors are more durable and require more maintenance. On the other hand, oil-free air compressors are cheaper and best for home use.
Question: From where I can buy my air compressor?
Answer: During this pandemic time it’s wise to buy any product from an online platform rather than offline shopping. And Amazon is the best marketplace from where you can get authentic products within your budget.
Within this Covid-19 pandemic time, we all must stay at home. And for doing all our dusting, inflating, airbrushing job we need compressed air. An air compressor with adequate pressure as well as CFM which can fulfill the need for air tools is nothing but the powerhouse of our garage.
In this review entitled of best air compressor under 150, we have provided the topmost three air compressors with pros and cons. Now the choice is yours to grab the best one according to your place of application. And never allow children under 16 to come into contact with any power tools. Stay safe by staying at home and stay connected with powertoolsguyd for more reviews on your favorite power tools!