Can you operate your mobile phone without charging the battery? Surely not. In such a way, many power tools need the flow of compressed air to operate. Among them, some are expensive and some are really budget friendly. And you can also get that the expensive ones will be bigger and more appropriate for versatile jobs? So, here we are providing a list of the best air compressor under 300 for garage or professional works.
300 bucks are not so cheap but also not very pricy as well. But in this price range, you’ll get a lot of great air compressors capable of performing small, medium to heavy tasks.
Selecting the right air compressor is not rocket science. However, it largely depends on the proper guideline as there are thousands of models available in the market. And you need to select the right one considering the places of application and by fulfilling the required PSI as well as the CFM of the power tools.
In this review, we are going to show you the topmost 5 budget-friendly air compressors from our years of experiment both for personal as well as commercial applications. So why are we waiting for! Let’s see the configurations of the products before stocking out!
- Best Air Compressor for Spray Painting
- Best air compressor under 100
- Best Air Compressor under 150
- Best Air Compressor under 200
- Best Air Compressor for Framing
- Best 20 Gallon Air Compressor for Home Garage
- 1 Quick Look at the Best Air Compressors under 300:
- 2 Product Overviews of Best Air Compressors under 300
- 2.1 DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer
- 2.2 Makita MAC700 Big Bore Air Compressor
- 2.3 California Air Tools 8010A Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
- 2.4 Senco PC1131 Compressor
- 2.5 BOSTITCH BTFP1KIT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer
- 3 Necessary Things to Consider before Buying an Air compressor
- 3.1 The Capacity of the Unit:
- 3.2 Places of Application:
- 3.3 The Size of Air Tank:
- 3.4 The Air Volume and Air pressure:
- 3.5 Following the User Manual Book:
- 3.6 Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs):
- 3.6.1 Question: What is the required CFM of garage tools?
- 3.6.2 Question: Portable or stationary which compressor is the best for the garage?
- 3.6.3 Question: Can I use an extension cord for the power generation of an air compressor?
- 3.6.4 Question: What is the max PSI for garage tools?
- 3.6.5 Question: What is expressed by PSI and CFM of an air compressor?
- 4 The Closure:
Quick Look at the Best Air Compressors under 300:
- Do you need industrial-grade power for the garage? Need high CFM with the fastest recovery? Then Makita MAC700 Big Bore Air Compressor is the best option for you as it has Big Bore Cylinder which ensures improved tool performance with the fastest recovery.
- And when you need the quietest working atmosphere there is no other alternative to California Air Tools 8010A Ultra Quiet Air Compressor as it operates with 1680 RPM which results in only 60 dB noise. Can you believe it? Only 60! Even your neighbors cannot realize if you are working with the compressor or not. You can have some quick work talks while working with the unit. And it has 8 gallon air tank with a max CFM rating of 3.00 at 40 PSI
- And if your focus is to finish roof nailing then you can select either DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer or BOSTITCH BTFP1KIT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer as both have brad nailer with 100 nails which can be a complete solution for nailing.
- When you need the workhorse of your shop then you can take Senco PC1131 Compressor for its 2.5 HP, direct drive, and heavy induction motor. And don’t worry about the PSI and CFM. It has a CFM rating of 4 at 90 PSI with a max pressure of 125 which can run almost all the small to medium garage tools.
Now, before we move on to reviews of our best choices for air compressors under 300, I got some tips to share with you!
Tips to Follow While Using an Air Compressor:
- Drain out the moisture after every single use to prevent rust as well as internal tear and wear
- Change the lubricant after every three months if your air compressor is oil-lubricated
- Place the compressor in a dry well-ventilated room so that it can get a sufficient amount of fresh air
- Never exceed the required PSI of the air tools as it may blast out the whole system
- Clean the parts of the compressor with lubricant as the lifespan of an air compressor depends on proper maintenance
- When your air compressor has a noise level of more than 65 dB, use an ear-muff to prevent noise problem
- Use goggles, as well as heavy hand gloves as hot compressed air, may burn skin
- Never allow children to come with the contact of the compressed air system
Product Overviews of Best Air Compressors under 300
DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer
- Weight: 37.2 pounds
- Dimension: 20 x 17 x 19.5 inches
- Max Pressure: 165 PSI
- SCFM: 2.6 at 90
- Air Tank: 6 Gallon
- Noise Level: 75.5 dB
DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer is a budget-friendly combo kit for nailing. The shipment kit consists of an oil-free DWFP55126 pancake air compressor, an 18 gauge DWFP12231 Brad Nailer with 100 nails magazine capacity. The Brad nailer is durable and lightweight with a non-marring nose tip which makes sure the even adjustment of the tool-free depth of the nails.
The air compressor consists of two pressure gauges; one is for tank pressure another is for regulator pressure, a regulator to control the unit, a universal pressure switch with on/off switch, a 6 gallons air tank with a drain valve to release moisture, two quick couplers to support to workers at a time and a stand with a rubber cover which protects the unit from rust. Though the compressor has no wheels to roll on; it is super portable with 30 lbs. light bodyweight and strong metal handle.
So what is needed more for professional nailing? Yes, DEWALT DWC1KIT-B Air Compressor Combo Kit is a complete package for nailing within 300 bucks. And you can also do inflating, airbrushing, dusting, craft paint, and so on as the SCFM of this high-pressure air compressor is 2.6 at 90 PSI which can meet the requirement of almost all the garage tools.
- High Pressure
- Jam release mechanism
- Louder motor
- No wheels to carry the unit
Makita MAC700 Big Bore Air Compressor
- Capacity: 2 HP
- Weight: 52 Pounds
- Dimension: 18 x 22 x 10 inches
- Max Pressure: 130 PSI
- CFM: 3.8 at 40 PSI
- Air Tank: 2.6 Gallons
- Noise Level: 80 dB
Makita MAC700 Big Bore Air Compressor is an oil-lubricated, cast iron, 120 Volt electric powered pump that operates with 1720 RPM. This industrial-grade air compressor has a max pressure of 130 PSI. Though the shipment unit weighs 59.6 pounds the air compressor is almost 52 pounds heavy. This medium-range air compressor has industrial-grade durability for the cast iron cylinder pump as well as the metal body.
The compressor unit consists of a 2.6 gallon air tank with a manual drain valve which is an easy way to release moisture, on the top of the air tank there is a gauge to measure the tank pressure, a regulator on the top with a regulator gauge which shows you the output pressure.
As the unit is oiled it has an oil tank with oil-sight glass which ensures the easy, fast, and well-organized maintenance of the unit, a ¼ inches universal quick coupler for connecting the air hose. There is also a universal pressure switch with an on/off system along with a safety valve that prevents blasting by releasing excess pressure.
And when you unbox the shipment kit you will get synthetic oil along with an industrial-grade air filter. There has also a user manual and 1-year parts as well as the labor warranty for the whole unit. In a word, Makita MAC700 Big Bore Air Compressor is a complete package within 300 bucks.
- Heavy Duty Crankshaft
- Easy Start-up
- Increased Productivity
- Durable, Industrial Motor
- Smaller Air Tank with High CFM
- Fastest Recovery
- Louder Motor Causes Irritation
- Comparatively heavy but no wheels to Carry
California Air Tools 8010A Ultra Quiet Air Compressor
- Capacity: 1 HP
- Weight: 37.2 pounds
- Dimension: 26 x 14 x 23 inches
- Max Pressure: 120 PSI
- CFM: 3.00 CFM at 40 PSI
- Air Tank: 8 Gallon
- Noise Level: 60 dB
California Air Tools 8010A Ultra Quiet Air Compressor is a complete solution for inflating, frame nailing, finish nailing, and airbrushing with optimal tool performance. This unit is ultra-quiet because of 1680 RPM motor which ensures a quiet and soothing work environment.
The compressor unit consists of a regulator to control the unit, a pressure gauge for measuring the regulator pressure, another gauge is for the measurement of tank pressure, a universal quick coupler for connecting the air hose, a pressure switch with an on/off system. The aluminum tank prevents rust by releasing moisture with the drain valve.
California Air Tools provides a 1-year warranty for its 8010A Ultra Quiet Air Compressor by which you can do almost all the garage work like DIY jobs, inflating, airbrushing, nailing, small painting for its higher CFM(3.00 at 40).
- Increased Durability
- Faster Recovery
- Ultra Quiet Motor
- Light-weight and super portable
- Easy Start-up in Cold Temperature
- The motor can burn if the voltage exceeds 110 Volt
Senco PC1131 Compressor
- Capacity: 2.5 HP
- Weight: 60 Pounds
- Dimension: 20 x 16 x 14 inches
- Max Pressure: 125 PSI
- CFM: 4.4 at 90 PSI
- Air Tank: 4.3 Gallons
- Noise Level: 77 dB
Within 300 bucks budget, Senco PC1131 Compressor is the best air compressor for small shops. The compressor unit contains a regulator, twin tanks with a separate drain valve to release moisture, a safety valve for releasing excess pressure, two pressure gauges; one is for measuring regulator pressure, another is for tank pressure, and a quick coupler for air hose connection.
Though the unit weighs only 60 pounds it’s stationary. So this compressor unit is ideal for garages or small shops where plumbing is necessary. There are rubber caps for feet which reduce vibration of the motor and prevents rust.
As the unit has 4.4 CFM, it’s enough for all the garage tools for supplying a continuous flow of air. And don’t worry about the warranty as Senco provides a 1-year warranty for the PC1131 Compressor.
- Heavy-duty induction Motor
- Durable and Powerful
- Tear and Wear Free
- Higher CFM
- Cast Iron Cylinder
- Increased Productivity
- The horizontal shape takes more space to place
- No Wheels to Carry
- Not Portable
BOSTITCH BTFP1KIT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer
- Weight: 35.5 Pounds
- Dimension: 19.5 x 17 x 19.25 inches
- Max Pressure: 150 PSI
- CFM: 2.6 CFM at 90 PSI
- Air Tank: 6 Gallon
- Noise Level: 78.5 dB
BOSTITCH BTFP1KIT Air Compressor Combo Kit with Brad Nailer is a complete kit for interior as well as exterior nailing within low-budget. This combo kit carries a pancake-style oil-free air compressor, an 18 gauge SB-1850BN brad nail gun with 100 nails capacity. And don’t worry about the fittings! You will be delighted to know that the BOSTITCH BTFP1KIT combo kit carries all the fittings along with a PVC air hose which is super flexible.
As the pancake-style air compressor is oil-free it requires no maintenance. And the compressor unit has two quick couplers for supporting 2 workers at a time. So 2 nail guns can be used at a time.
The compressor consists of a regulator to control the pressure of the unit, two pressure gauges; one is for measuring the 6-gallon tank pressure, another is for measuring the regulator pressure, and the tank also provides a drain valve to drain out the moisture of the tank.
And this compressor has an SCFM of 2.6 at 90 PSI. So you can run those power tools which have less than 2.6 SCFM ratings. In a word by this pancake-style air compressor, you can do nailing, dusting, craft painting, air stapling, inflating, and all the small home tasks for having 150 max pressure.
- Fastest Recovery
- Easy start-up in cold weather
- Can be powered by an extension cord
- Complete kit for nailing
- The louder motor may causes irritation
Necessary Things to Consider before Buying an Air compressor
We have already talked about the topmost 5 air compressors within a limited budget. After buying the right air compressor what is mandatory is to operate the system. And the beginners must have primary ideas about the key factors of the compressed air system. Here we are additionally providing a buyer’s guide for the betterment of the users, especially for the novices.
The Capacity of the Unit:
Before buying an air compressor what you need to focus on is the capacity of the compressor. The capacity of an air compressor is expressed with the term Horsepower (HP). The higher the HP is the faster the motor can fill the air tank.
Places of Application:
And the determiner of the capacity of an air compressor is the place of application. At the time of selecting the right air compressor first of all you need to consider which tool you are going to operate with the compressor.
If you need to do only small garage tasks like inflating or dusting then a 0.5 HP mini air compressor is enough. Again if you need to do nailing, stapling, airbrushing then your air compressor must have 1.00 to 2.00 HP. On the other hand for industrial tasks your air compressor must have 3.00 to 100 HP according to the need of the tool.
The Size of Air Tank:
In the air tank, compressed air is stored for further generation. A bigger tank means a continuous flow of air. However, if the tank is bulky then it will be a burden for the users. So the precise air tank for the garage tools is 2 to 8 Gallons. But if you are a professional, then you might need a bigger one as you will need to use it for a long time and more frequently.
The Air Volume and Air pressure:
CFM (unit of air volume) and PSI (unit of air pressure) are the two units that are leveled on the body of all the power tools. When you buy an air compressor you need to meet the need of the air tools.
In simple words, your air compressor must have at least the minimum CFM as well as PSI ratings of the air tools to operate the tool.
Following the User Manual Book:
The last but not least thing to do is following the user manual book of the air compressor unit. With every air compressor, there is a manual book for the user in which the manufacturer provides the configurations as well as the using procedure of the compressor. Read the manual entirely before operating an air compressor unit.
Frequent Asked Questions (FAQs):
Question: What is the required CFM of garage tools?
Answer: Normally almost all the garage tools need 0 to 5 CFM ratings. Only paint gun needs 14-18 CFM for painting bigger objects.
Question: Portable or stationary which compressor is the best for the garage?
Answer: The places of application is the greatest determiner of an air compressor. The portable air compressor is best for nailing as well as inflating. And stationary air compressor is the most suitable for plumbing diagram.
Question: Can I use an extension cord for the power generation of an air compressor?
Answer: The extension cord has the possibility of burning if the voltage crosses the limit of the air compressor. There are some specialized air compressors that have the configuration of using extension cords like BOSTITCH BTFP1KIT Air Compressor Combo Kit.
Question: What is the max PSI for garage tools?
Answer: Most garage tools can operate with the 90 to 120 PSI.
Question: What is expressed by PSI and CFM of an air compressor?
Answer: PSI is the unit of air pressure which means the pounds per square inch. On the other hand, CFM is the unit of air volume that expresses the cubic feet per minute.
An air compressor is the power horse of the small home garages to heavy-duty industrial areas. And to select the right air compressor within budget is also challenging without the proper guidelines.
Here, we have given the list of the best air compressors under 300 with the pros and cons of our practical experiment. What you need to do is just choosing the right air compressor considering the area of application. Make sure the safety measure as compressed air system may cause a serious accident if you are not careful enough. Stay safe and stay with us to get more reviews on power tools.