If you are someone who is experiencing asthma or allergy symptoms and want to get rid of them then an air purifier can be your best choice. As it cleans the air by trapping the particles that cause you allergy and other health problems. But, choosing the best air purifier for allergies is pretty difficult in today’s market.
Imagine you found a great air purifier that has a good design and is very effective but it’s not inside your budget. Or, an air purifier that is on budget, has a good design, and is also effective but doesn’t match the room coverage.
Let’s be honest, there are so many factors like the above ones to consider and not all of the air purifiers ticks all the boxes.
I can go on with these examples and if you’re new with air purifiers then it will seem way more difficult and time-consuming. Don’t worry though because this is where we come in handy. We have come up with a list that has all kinds of air purifiers.
Different prices, different CADR ratings, different room coverage, makes different sound but all of them are the very best.
All you have to do here is take a look at their insights. And after that, you will find a very interesting buying guide just for you which is going to tell you all the facts you need to look out for. And later there are the names of those air purifiers which edged out the others.
So, without further ado, let’s get started.
- 1 We have found the best 3 deals for you out of the 11
- 2 Here are back to back reviews of the best air purifier for allergies…
- 3 Infographic!
- 3.1 Share this Image On Your Site
- 3.2 Blueair 411
- 3.3 Honeywell HPA200
- 3.4 Fellowes AeraMax 100
- 3.5 Honeywell HPA300
- 3.6 Dyson HP02
- 3.7 Dyson TP02
- 3.8 Levoit LV-H132
- 3.9 Dyson DP04
- 4 Buying Guide
- 5 Conclusion
Analysis of Filters of an air purifier
Just a moment! Before you start looking into the reviews of top air purifiers, it is important that you know the different filters used in purifiers. Here, we will show you the use of all the filters that will be present on the air purifiers.
NB: None of the air purifiers has all these filters though.
Pre-filter: This filter will help you capture the larger particles from human hair, pet hair, dust, lint, fibers and dust mites.
Activated Carbon filter: The activated carbon filter will help you get rid of smoke odors, household odors, cooking odors, pet odors, chemical vapor and VOCs.
True HEPA filter: Captures 99.97% of allergens, pollen, mold, virus, bacteria fungi, mold and pet dander down to 0.3 microns in size.
UV-C light: Uses UV bult to kill airborne bacteria, mild spores and viruses.
Medium filter: This filter traps the particles that bypass the pre-filter like pet dander, dust particles, mold and pollen.
Customized filter: The customized filter allows you to choose from Toxin Absorber, Germ Defense, Odor Remover and Pet allergy and then works on that more specifically.
Ion generator: It allows the particles get trapped easily by the filters. And if they don’t get trapped, they settle on the ground which you can get rid of by vacuuming. This filter can be switched on and off.
Particle filter: The polypropylene fibers of this filter captures 99% of all allergens like dust mites, dust, pollen, fungi and pet dander.
Ionizer: It freshens up the air and boosts the cleaning power. It can be switch on/off.
We have found the best 3 deals for you out of the 11
Here are back to back reviews of the best air purifier for allergies…
Levoit core 300
When it comes to budget air purifiers, Levoit core 300 surely comes in mind. It is arguably the best air purifier under $100 that is there on the market today. The features and the design it comes with backs the argument.
Speaking of design, this air purifier’s design is worth mentioning. It appears in a glistening white color which sparkles when the light reaches it!
Furthermore, it is compact and has a cylindrical design with smooth curves. The fact that it is compact, weighs 8.88 pounds and is 14 inches in height makes it very easy to place it in a small place or even on a shelf.
Levoit core 300 has 3 types of filters which are Pre-filter, Activated Carbon filter and True HEPA filter. Replacing those filters is easy and there is an LED indicator that will tell you the right time to replace the filter. Remember to wash the Pre-filter regularly as it is only effective for short time.
Also, it is very quiet when compared to other air purifiers on the market. The noise level is 24 decibels in the lowest setting and in the highest setting, the noise level is only 50 which is very impressive.
You won’t be able to hear anything at the lowest setting as it will be lower than a whisper. There is no doubt of you not having a sound sleep and who wouldn’t enjoy a good night’s sleep?
This air purifier covers 215 sq. ft. and has a CADR rating of 135 cfm. It can clean the air 5 times in an hour! And it is verified by AHAM.
Lastly, the wattage is only 45 watts. It doesn’t consume much power and you have to pay only $16 per year if you use it for 8 hours every day.
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 8.7 x 14.2 inches
- Weight: 8.88 pounds
- Room coverage: 219 sq. ft.
- Filters: Pre-filter, activated carbon filter and True HEPA filter
- QuietKEAP technology allows you to sleep in a peaceful and restful environment without any sound.
- It is ozone free as it doesn’t use any cleaning method that involves UV/Ion light.
- Vortexair technology helps to cover up as much as 219 sq. ft. by increasing the airflow.
- The AC capacitor motor uses high precision bearing which is durable. This extends the life of the air purifier.
- It has a timer of 2/4/6/8 hours and an indicator that indicates the lifetime of the filter.
- You can’t accidentally change your setting thanks to the display lock.
- Compact and slick design which makes it easy to use
- Very quiet
- The replacement filter is worth the money
- Airflow rate is high
- Air intake of 360 degrees
- Has the highest fan power than the air purifiers that are under $100
- No smart sensor is present
- Odor filter is weak
The GermGuardian AC4300BPTCA was always a product that people looked up to because it not only has great service to provide, but also comes at an affordable price.
It has a circular light that is present at the front which gives it a great look from the front view. It is compact and elegant, is 22 inches and weighs 9.45 pounds which makes it easy to place It in a table.
The power consumption is only 52 watts and using it for 8 hours a day will cost you around $19 every year which is pretty reasonable compared to other air purifiers.
Also, this air purifier is for small rooms as the room coverage is 153 sq.ft. and the ACH is 4X which means you can clean the room 4 times in an hour.
Moreover, this air purifier comes with 3 filters. Pre-filter which has the Activated Carbon filter in it, True HEPA filter and UV-C light. When it comes to Pre-filter and True HEPA filter, change them every 6-8 months and you can easily keep them clean using a vacuum. But, when it comes to UV-C light, you have to wait for 10-12 months before changing them.
There are no chances of mildew, odor-causing bacteria or mold growth thanks to the PetPure antimicrobial treatment that is added to the filter.
Worried of noise? Don’t be because there is an ultra-quiet mode which will keep the air purifier very quiet. But, the lowest noise level is 40 decibels which is not satisfying and the highest noise level is 55 which makes it okay compared to others.
- Dimensions: 8.9 x 5.4 x 22 inches
- Weight: 9.45 pounds
- Room coverage: 153 sq. ft.
- Filters: Pre-Filter, True HEPA filter and Activated charcoal filter
- The UV-C light that is present helps in reducing volatile organic compounds and also kills the airborne viruses.
- Pre-filter extends the life of the HEPA filter and also traps the unwanted particles.
- The Ultra-quiet mode makes it easy for you to have a good night’s sleep.
- The filter has an antimicrobial agent that forbids the rise of odor-causing bacteria, mold and mildew on the surface of the filter.
- Comes with carrying handles which makes it easily portable.
- Price is reasonable keeping in mind the features it comes with
- Stylish design
- Filters can be replaced easily
- Great performance
- 3-year warranty
- A bit noisy at the highest setting
Most air purifiers have 2 or 3 filters and some have 4 but you will very rarely see any air purifier with 6 filters, which this air purifier has. And this is one of the reasons why RabbitAir MinusA2 is the best air purifier for allergies. Read along to find out more!
You will happy to know that the filter lasts for 2 years, you have to pay $42.5 annually. Replacing the true HEPA filter and the Customized filter costs $89.
The ozone safety standard is 0.05ppm and this air purifier gives out 0.002, which is 25 times less!
Furthermore, it is square and made out of metal. The air intake is through the front panel and because of the design, more amount of polluted air goes in which maximizes the power of the fan.
This air purifier has a room coverage of 815 sq. ft. and weighs 19.4 pounds. Those values mean this air purifier isn’t very heavy and can handle large rooms. So, using it in living rooms or bedrooms won’t be a problem.
The fact that the noise level is only 25.6 decibels further supports the fact that it can be used in the bedroom. You will have clean air with no sound!
Moreover, this air purifier is exceptionally good for people with an allergy because it has a very good ACH and CADR rating. The CADR rating is 208 for pollen, 200 for dust and 193 for smoke. And the ACH is 2x. Wait, wait I wasn’t done. The ACH is up to 4x for an allergy sufferer.
When it comes to power consumption, it can vary 7 to 61 watts and you will end up pay from $17 to $25 annually if you use it for 8 hours every day at the highest settings.
- Dimensions: 24.02 x 22.64 x 9.84 inches
- Weight: 19.4 pounds
- Room coverage: 815 sq. ft.
- Filters: Activated Carbon filter, Pre-filter, Medium filter, Customized filter, Ion generator and Advanced BioGS HEPA filter
- LED life indicator will let you know when it is time to replace the filters.
- The light sensor automatically changes to sleep mode in a dark room.
- LED mood light is present if you need any light at night.
- The Smart sensor adjusts the fan speed depending on the air quality of the room, you will be able to save energy.
- Can be controlled through Wi-Fi
- Very quiet at the highest setting
- Safe from ozone
- Sleek design
- Pre-filter is washable hence long filter life
- Has 5 years warranty
- Quite expensive
- Not great in stopping strong odors
Wait! Have a quick stop here!
By reading this you will have an idea of the factors you need to know when it comes to choosing the best air purifier for allergies. Plus, this will make it easier for you to judge the rest of the air purifiers.
The next product is so different than many air purifiers in many ways. And choosing this air purifier is definitely a smart move and there are many factors that back that statement.
Coming at a price of around $117, this air has all-round abilities and it won’t cost you much in the long term too.
Let’s start off by its design. Blueair works on design pretty well and this air purifier is a good example of that. It is cylinder in shape which is really trendy on the market. Plus, you can have either black, blue, gray, pink or yellow, whichever you want without paying a single extra penny!
It comes with 3 filters and those are the Pre-filter, Particle filter and Activated carbon filter. Their uses will be written below. The particle filter is different and a great addition to their arsenal.
Even though it has 3 fan speed, the lowest sound level is only 17 decibels! And the highest sound level is 46 decibels, it is great for your bedroom.
The power consumption is also incredibly very low, at the highest, it will consume 10 watts and at the lowest, it will consume around 1.5 watts! You know what that means right? Yes, you have to pay only $5 to $7 if you use it for 8 hours every day.
It can be used for small rooms as it has a room coverage of 161 sq. ft. and an ACH of 5x. Worried about moving it to another room? Don’t be as it weighs only 3.35 pounds and it is the lightest at the moment.
Lastly, it is very effective too as the CADR rating for Pollen is 120, Dust is 120 and Smoke is 105!
- Dimensions: 16.7 x 8 x 8 inches
- Weight3.35 pounds
- Room coverage: 161 sq. ft.
- Filters: Pre-Filter, Particle filter and Activated charcoal filter
- Advanced filters allows quiet operation as its airflow is higher at a lower noise level
- Has a 3 part filtration system
- One single button will be on charge of letting you know when to replace the filter and it also adjusts the knobs and settings.
- The LED light will dim to 10% brightness automatically after 7 seconds because of the automatic LED dim
- The built in LED warning system glows to red which would indicate that it is time to change your filter.
- HEPASilent technology reduces the running of the fan and increase the air flow and capacity. Which makes it very, very quiet.
- Power consumption is low
- It is pretty quiet
- Well worth the money
- Compact and small in size
- Dust filter is not that good
- No timer
Honeywell is not known much for its design. It doesn’t offer a very eye-catching design that would boggle your mind. But, it a great example of the phrase “don’t judge a book by its cover”. Yes, they are still preferred because of the quality they come with.
This product is made up of both plastic and metal which is great because most of the air purifiers are made with plastic. You can use it for large rooms which are up to 310 sq. ft. It has an ACH of 5X.
The function buttons are present on the top of the air purifier. Honeywell HPA200 has 3 filters, which are Pre-filter, Activated Carbon filter and True HEPA filter.
Furthermore, there are 2 LED indicators that indicate the right time for replacing the filters. Filters will need to be replaced within 3 months and replacing them will cost you $49. This amount isn’t very much when compared to other filters.
Germ, allergen, general and turbo mode are the 4 modes that are present in this air purifier. And the noise level in each of these modes is very different.
In germ mode, it has a noise level of 46 dB. In allergen mode, 55.3 dB. In general mode, 50.3 dB and in turbo mode, 59 dB. In short, this air purifier is quite noisy and won’t be great for your bedroom, but it usually isn’t a problem for the house. It is great for offices or hospitals too.
This air purifier weighs nearly 14 pounds, is 10 inches in height and it has handles. Adding all these up, you get an air purifier that is portable.
Lastly, it consumes about 84 watts and if you use it for 8 hours per day, then you will end up paying around $30 per year.
- Dimensions: 17.72 x 10.05 x 18.86 inches
- Weight: 13.91 pounds
- Room Coverage: 310 sq. ft.
- Filters: Pre-filter, Activated Carbon filter and True HEPA filter.
- Tap controls are easy to use
- Has an auto-off timer
- Can dim the lights whenever you want because of the auto light dimmer setting
- High-speed tubo mode enables fast cleaning
- Indicator lamp brightness is low, great for sleeping
- HEPA filters last for around a year
- Has a built-in quick start guide
- 5-years warranty
- Germ killing feature is not available.
Fellowes AeraMax 100
Fellowes is a great all-round brand and their air purifiers are no exception. The name of their air purifier is AeraMax, they provide great performance especially against asthma and allergies.
How? Well, they have 4 filters which are Activated Carbon filter which is combined with Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, PlasmaTrue technology and AeraSafe Antimicrobial treatment.
Due to the AeraSafe Antimicrobial treatment, there are no chances for the growth of odor-causing bacteria, mildew and bacteria. Plus, this also expands the life span of True HEPA filter and that is why they last 1 whole year. Replacing them costs $37 only.
PlasmaTrue Technology is one kind of ionizer that removes airborne pollutants. As it is an ionizer, it produces ozone but it is 25 times less than the standard emission concentration (0.05ppm). Let’s not forget it can be turned on/off.
In addition, you will have to pay from around $13 to $18 every year if you use it for 8 hours every day because at the lowest setting the power consumption is 37 watts and at the highest, it is 51 watts. To minimize power usage, turn on the smart sensor.
But, this air purifier can be used for small rooms only as the room coverage is 100 sq. ft. and the ACH is 3x. The CADR rating is perfect for a small room (75 cfm for pollen, 68 cfm for smoke and 65 cfm for dust) and you don’t need to worry if you want to move it from one room to another as it weighs 9.24 pounds only.
- Product Dimension: 8.5 x 7.25 x 27.25 inches
- Weight: 9.24 pounds
- Room Coverage: 100 sq. ft.
- Filters: Activated Carbon filter + Pre-filter, True HEPA filter, PlasmaTrue technology and AeraSafe Antimicrobial treatment.
- The filter replacement indicator will let you know when to replace the filter
- AeraSmart sensor monitors the air quality of your room and adjusts the fan speed accordingly
- Unique Aera+ Mode cleans your room faster by increasing the air turnover rate
- Smart sensor is accurate
- Produces very less ozone compared to others
- Well-built keeping the price in mind
- 4 stage filtration system
- Filters last longer
- Unique design
- For small-sized room
- A bit noisy at the highest setting
The next product on our list is the updated version of HPA200. There is literally no difference in its design and color when compared to HPA200. But it’s shaped in a way which helps in higher ACH. And if you want the white version then you should be looking at HPA304.
Also, it has 2 types of filters. Pre-filter is combined with the activated carbon filter and that is why you need to replace the filter every 3 months. The true HEPA filter which will need to be replaced after 1 year and this will cost $68.
Furthermore, it has a room coverage of 465 sq. ft. and ACH is 5x, which is very high compared to others. Fewer people prefer to use it in their bedroom even though it can cope up with a medium-sized room because of the sound level.
If you use this air purifier in the lowest setting, it will consume 40 watts. And if you use it on the highest setting (turbo setting), it will consume 130 watts. Using it 8 hours per day will cost you $50 annually. The turbo also increases the sound level but it maximizes the fan and can be used in an extreme allergic situation.
Even though it weighs 21 pounds, it is quite big in size for small-sized rooms but that doesn’t stop it from being effective because it has a CADR rating of 320 cfm for dust, 300 cfm for pollen and 300 cfm for smoke.
- Product Dimension: 9.25 x 20 x 22.25
- Weight: 21 pounds
- Room Coverage: 465 sq. ft.
- Filters: Pre-Filter and True HEPA filter
- The timer option is present along with the auto-off timer option, so you can set the timer and the air purifier will eventually turn off after the time runs out.
- Turbo mode maximizes the efficiency and can be used for extreme allergic situation.
- Auto light dimmer dims the light at the right when it is time to sleep.
- You don’t need to remember the replacement date because of the electronic filter replacement that is present.
- Great design
- HEPA filter needs to be changed only once a year
- Top performance
- Best value
- Fan is powerful
- No ozone
- True HEPA filter filters virus of 0.005 microns in size
- A bit big and heavy
- It is loud on turbo mode
As we all know Dyson never fails to provide us with something different in their products. Dyson Hp02 is no exception, it is an air purifier with both cooling and heating features.
As it has both cooling and heating features, many people question the power consumption of this device. This air purifier consumes 36 to 44 watts for air purifying purposes and when it comes to using the heating feature, the power consumption is 1575 watts. That’s still less than a lot of heaters!
If you use it for only cleaning the air for 8 hours a day then you will end up paying $16 a year.
It is silver in color and has an oval shape at the top which takes up less space making it possible to place it almost anywhere in the house. The weight (8.6 pounds) helps with the portability too but you can’t underestimate how much space it can cover.
360 sq. ft. to 500 sq. ft. is how much Dyson HP-02 can cover! There are 2 filters present which are True HEPA filter and activated carbon filter and these 2 will be enough to capture various types of unwanted particles.
The lowest decibels this air purifier can reach is 40 decibels and the highest it can reach is 57 decibels. They are only white noise which will help you sleep easier. Both of these values are impressive because it has both heating and cooling features and high fan power.
Speaking of fan power, the maximum airflow is 53 gallons per second which is equal to 425 cfm and this is enough for a large room!
- Dimensions: 8.7 x 6 x 24.88 inches
- Weight: 8.62 pounds
- Room coverage: 360 sq. ft.
- Filters: True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter
- Night time mode dims all the light at night
- Timer allows you to use the air for a specific period of time and it automatically shuts down after the time runs out
- Oscillation moves the air back and forth
- 10 fan speed options is available for you to choose from
- The jet focus control focuses on personal heating and fast room heating.
- Bladeless technology makes it safe for children and pets
- Design is different from the rest
- Air output is smooth
- High fan power
- Bladeless technology
- Can be used for cooling and heating
- Quite expensive
As we mentioned in the last product that Dyson has a habit of making their air purifier different. The same applies here again however this time the design of this air purifier has caught more attention. But, that didn’t take away the amazing features it possesses.
The top of this air purifier is tall which makes it look very different than the other purifiers and this also has its own advantages. Firstly, due to the perforated holes, the trapping efficiency is improved against the large pollutants like fur, hair, and large dust. And secondly, this air purifier has a 360° air intake which allows it to take in more polluted air.
Even though it is big in size, it weighs only 7.9 pounds which makes it very portable. It has 2 filters, a True HEPA filter and an activated carbon filter. Won’t say they are exceptional or different from other air purifiers but they are more than sufficient for allergies.
The sound level and the power consumption is low but the room coverage isn’t. The noise level is 40 decibels and the highest is 62.2 decibels but the sound is white noise so it helps you to sleep faster. With a high fan speed, the power consumption is 56 watts and if you use it for 8 hours a day than you have to pay $20 each year.
Lastly, this air purifier has cover 500 sq. ft. and it has no CADR or ACH as it a fan. The maximum airflow is 114 gallons per seconds at the maximum setting which is equal to 920mm.
- Dimensions: 7.7 x 4.3 x 40.1 inches
- Weight: 7.9 pounds
- Room coverage: 500 sq. ft.
- Filters: True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter
- Oscillation setting is there which makes it possible for the air to go back and froth
- Night-time mode of this air purifier dims all the display and monitors the air purifier on the low speed
- Timer will help you use the air purifier for a specific amount of time whenever you want and after that it will switch off.
- Has 10 fan speed functions, you can choose whichever you want
- The smart sensor can activate the auto mode, which means you can have your room cleaned automatically depending on your air quality.
- Fan is powerful
- Has a lot of smart features
- Unique design
- Strong air flow leading to greater cooling power
- It is quite expensive
- Carbon filter isn’t impressive
- A bit loud
It would be foolish of us if we didn’t mention Levoit LV-H132 as one of the best air purifier for allergies. FYI, this air purifier has the highest buying rate. Why? Read below to get your answer.
This air purifier has a very unique design which makes it stand out than the rest. The color and the fact that it is cylinder in shape makes it very appealing for people.
But, the airflow is limited as the route is from the bottom of the air purifier.
Levoit LV-H132 has a maximum power consumption of only 28 watts and on standby, the power consumption is only 0.8 watts. Which means you have to pay around $10 if you use it for 8 hours per day.
Furthermore, it is portable as it weighs 6.45 pounds only. The room coverage of this air purifier is 129 sq. ft. and the ACH is 2x. You will get no better than this in this price range plus it is portable too!
When it comes to noise, this air purifier won’t disappoint you. It has a 3 fan speed, the lowest level is 36 decibels and it can reach as high as 50 decibels. It won’t come on your way when it comes to sleeping.
The filters are great too. It comes with a Pre-filter, true HEPA filter and activated carbon filter and they will be in charge of dealing with the unwanted particles. You will be happy to know that you have to pay only $26 to replace your filters after every 6 months of use.
However, the CADR is 40 in general which is low, but before you judge it, remember this is for a small room and comes with a very low price compared to others in the market.
- Dimensions: 8.5 x 8.5 x 14.5 inches
- Weight: 6.45 pounds
- Room coverage: 129 sq. ft.
- Filters: Pre-filter, Activated carbon filter and True HEPA filter
- Nightlight function automatically adjust the fan speed and switches on the dimmed light which makes it a great environment for sleeping
- The power consumption is very low especially on standby mode.
- Filter replacing cost is very cheap
- There are 3 fan speeds to choose from
- Built very well keeping the price in mind
- It is slightly quiet
- Light in weight making it portable
- Great performance
- Small and compact
- No automatic shut-off
- No timer
- Not suitable for large rooms
We have come to our last product which is the Dyson DP04. This is the third air purifier from Dyson and this is no less special than the other two.
When it comes to the design, it is compact and has a circle at the top which makes it different than a lot of air purifiers. This is typical from Dyson as they always make changes to their design.
You as a potential user will be happy to know that this air purifier despite having the cooling function, makes very less noise. The highest it can reach is 57 decibels and it is white noise which means it will help you in your sleep.
Mentioning again that the noise level is surprisingly low, though it has an airflow of 77 gallons per second which is like 615 cfm approximately!
Furthermore, it can be used for any room that is more than 400 sq. ft. in size as the airflow is strong. The weight which is 10.18 pounds make it easier for moving it around if needed.
Lastly, the electricity bill will be very less because it consumes from 4 to 32 watts, so if you use it for 8 hours every day then you will have to pay $1.5 to $12 every year.s
- Dimensions: 8.8 x 13.8 x 27.2 inches
- Weight: 10.18 pounds
- Room coverage: 400 sq. ft.
- Filters: True HEPA filter and Activated Carbon filter
- Due to the night-time mode and the quiet settings, the light are dimmed at the right moment and the air is purified and monitored quietly.
- The forward airflow purifies and cools you and the backward airflow purifier but doesn’t cool you.
- The Air Multiplier technology gives a powerful airflow throughout the whole room up to 350 degrees of oscillation.
- You can turn on/off the air purifier, turn on auto mode and also stay updated on the indoor air quality by using only voice control through Alexa.
- It can automatically sense and report you on LCD display about VOCs, nitrogen dioxide, ultrafine particles and allergens.
- Compact design
- The LCD display is great
- Has a new diffused mode
- Impressive clean air circulation
- The operation takes place quietly
- Easy cleaning due to bladeless design
- A bit expensive
Buying the right air purifier for your allergies can be overwhelming because of the thousands of options you have. Now that we have done the favor and narrowed it down to 11, there still can be a lot of doubts running through your mind.
There is nothing called as the perfect air purifier because there is no air purifier that has all the key factors present in it. Buying an air purifier that ticks all or most of your boxes is the closest you can get to perfection
And for that to happen, you need to know what factors you are looking for in an air purifier. We have designed a buying guide that will show you all the factors you need to look out for when buying YOUR best air purifier for allergies.
Filters are by far the most important factor to watch out for because all the air purifier does is filter the air.
Most air purifiers in this list have either 2 or 3 filters and some have 4 or 5. Having 2 or 3 filters is very common and is highly rated too because those 2 or 3 filters will be enough for you to deal with the unwanted particles.
And the air purifier that has more than 3 filters are usually the air purifiers that specializes in filters.
If you have extreme asthma or allergy issues then filters should be your first choice because you can’t risk having even a single unwanted particle in your room.
Sound is another big factor but it depends from user to users. If you want to use it in your bedroom or in a place that you prefer to remain quiet then you should choose a quiet air purifier.
And if you use it in some other place like your living room or maybe office than you won’t need a super quiet air purifier.
So yeah, at the end of the day it depends on you whether to make it your cup tea or not!
There are other expenses that you are going to have after buying an air purifier. And paying the electricity bill is one of them.
So you should consider the power consumption. The power consumption isn’t very high for an ordinary air purifier which covers less space. But, if you buy an air purifier with higher room coverage then the power consumption will be a bit high.
Keep in mind, none of the air purifiers in this list consume a lot of power so making this factor your first, second or third option to consider is not worth it.
SIZE and WEIGHT
Air purifiers are different than many tools as the only way you can use it is by letting it sit around the house the whole day unless you need to use it in more than one room and if you do then you should consider the weight.
Plus, if you are someone who likes to keep their house top-notch and have all the objects in the right size, none either too big or too small as it might hamper the design. In that case, size is important for you my friend.
And other than that, the weight or size doesn’t matter much.
This factor right here should be your priority, because buying an air purifier that doesn’t match your room coverage is useless.
So before choosing an air purifier, measure the room or the space you are going to use it in. Also, if an air purifier has a room coverage of 200 sq. ft. then it can still cover around 250 sq. ft., in some cases even 300 sq. ft. if the ACH of the air purifier is very high.
Using an air purifier on a room which has a high room coverage than it can cover is fine but the air changes per hour will be less. If the CADR rating is low then the air purifying process will be less effective.
And that is why, it is important to check the room coverage of an air purifier before buying it.
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR)
Clean Air Delivery Rate (CADR) shows how effective your air purifier is in cleaning and freshening up your air. If you use your air purifier in a small room then a low CADR rating air purifier might just do the trick.
But, if you plan on using it in a large room then your air purifier should have a high CADR rating or else the standard of efficiency will be less. And, if you have extreme asthma and allergy, then you have little to no option of buying an air purifier with a high CADR rating.
RabbitAir MinusA2 –all the features present in this air purifier support the statement. This one is your best choice when you look at it in the grand scheme of things.
Looks like it is time to say goodbye. That is all from here and the things that we left behind should make it easy for you in choosing the best air purifier for allergies. These are the product that are leading the market and will lead for years to come.
Now all you have to do is choose your air purifier by considering all the factors we mentioned in the buying guide. After that, let the air purifier do its job and your job will be to breathe in the fresh air!
If you are interested to get introduced to more of the air purifiers, then you should check out some of our other articles on the air purifiers—
- Best air purifier for smoke under 100
- Oransi Max HEPA air purifier review
- Best air purifier for mold spores
- Best air purifier for dust
- Top winix air purifiers
- Best air purifier for home
- Ideal air purifier for smoke
- Pet air purifier review
- Honeywell air purifier review
- Ideal Levoit air purifiers
- Germguardian air purifier reviews