How many of you have believed that the purpose of a miter saw must be sole or two at most? And then with growing experience, you get to know that the thing has multiple matters sorted, being almost a blessing sent to us woodworkers and carpenters. That ratio isn’t going to be on the lower corner, most probably.
Anyways, today we are here to discuss a very important matter. And it’s about finding the best budget sliding miter saw. Something that might come in handy for weekend woodworkers, newbie carpentry experts, home users, DIYers, hobbyists, and occasionally seasoned professionals. Keep reading…
- 1 The Best Budget Sliding Miter Saw–Our Top 5 Picks
- 2 Factors That Should Be Your Priorities to Get The Best Budget Sliding Miter Saw.
- 3 Reviewing the 5 Recommendations to Declare the Best Budget Sliding Miter Saw
- 3.1 1. CRAFTSMAN CMCS714M1 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit
- 3.2 2. Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- 3.3 3. Metabo HPT C10FCH2S 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- 3.4 4. DEWALT DWS716 12-Inch Miter Saw
- 3.5 5. Delta S26262L 10” Shopmaster Miter Saw with Laser
- 4 Wrapping Up
The Best Budget Sliding Miter Saw–Our Top 5 Picks
- CRAFTSMAN CMCS714M1 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit – The users who prefer a less messy and simple to cleanable option with an excellent ripping ability to slice down trees in 585 nonstop cuts for woodworking journey, this can do well. With excellent construction, it’s considered one of the best miter saw for trim work.
- Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw – Need the best miter saw for crown molding that owns an influential motor to spin around 5,000 RPM for ripping jobs? This strong miter saw is light and compact that can do well to cut most types of woody stuff such as hardwood and firewood in a second.
- Metabo HPT C10FCH2S 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw – For those of you who want the best cheapest miter sawthat contains a laser line system with a sharp blade to rip wood materials in precise lines, this can be your soulmate for carpenter works. Apart from the great control and easiness, it can be a good tool for regular working.
- DEWALT DWS716 12-Inch Miter Saw – It’s the best 12 inch miter saw for professional users who prefer a razor-edged bar and high-powered engine that can bevel door frames and wood materials very well. And, the fact that most find it one of the best miter saw for the money due to its awesome features and precision.
- Delta S26-262L 10” Shopmaster Miter Saw with Laser – Fellow folks who are looking for a miter saw that can be a great deal with 3 years of assurance and won’t make a mess when using for ripping jobs of beginner or DIYer, this is the one that would fulfill your desire in furniture making or any other ripping projects.
Factors That Should Be Your Priorities to Get The Best Budget Sliding Miter Saw.
Let’s talk about a few really important criteria that basically help one to get that right choice of sliding miter saw within budget but without missing on areas or features that could be a necessity person to person.
Must Fulfill the Basic Purposes
With a blade, handle, and base, the sliding miter saw must be good at cutting wood fast that won’t leave any debris behind. Apart from special features like dust collection bags, fences, and on/off handle switches, the budget options are quite good for any woodworker’s skills.
For angle or crosscut on woody stuff to have desired design, this miter saw will fulfill the purpose with its bar guide mostly.
Budget or Premium–Be Aware of The Difference.
There are multiple things you want to consider when choosing from the budget or premium miter saw. Starting from the quality, surely the expensive one will have better things to offer compared to affordable choices.
But that doesn’t mean you have to sacrifice complete quality if you choose budget options. Besides, the inexpensive miter saws are made durable with limited features that would be enough for small to medium purposes. And so, just because the price point is less, don’t be fine with a model that offers clearly low-quality thinking that’s only available with premium models. Know what to expect when not getting the expensive options, but don’t underestimate the fact that budget-friendly picks should be well made, offer enough functions, and bear a certain quality at the very least despite the minimal price point.
Bevel And Miter Cuts
The budget sliding miter saw usually involves bevel and miter cutting range to have a quicker and straight-angled cut through a workpiece. It may seem normal, but for a woodworker, these features are something that can’t be missed for parallel edges.
Mostly miter cut is selected from 0 to 50 degrees to cut crosswise against the wood at an angle. On the other hand, a bevel cut will go through material angled with sharp edges. Some models come with an extra scale option too. So, consider that before eying on a product.
About The Motor
Just like any other feature, the motor is an important element that causes the blade of the saw to perform with power to make good cuts. Even though you can’t guarantee an energetic motor in a budget miter saw, but it would serve well for most construction projects.
And, the power would be sufficient for a miter saw to cut hardwood, plywood, and most materials.
There are plenty of affordable miter saws that contain positive stops for selecting good angles that basically help to make ideal rips. Most budget options do have this feature to let you save time and effort for setting quicker angles without stopping the cutting works.
Importance of Laser Guide
Used for woodworks, you want to pick a good miter saw that has the laser guide. No matter what skill you have, this special feature will help to make the cut better angled and accurate just the way you want.
However, a few budget options don’t offer this feature due to production limitations. So, check the laser guide before picking anything.
Reviewing the 5 Recommendations to Declare the Best Budget Sliding Miter Saw
Well, the most awaiting segments, where we break down each of these five top picks for you to further analyze whether or not these are worth your time and attention. Yes, It’s The Reviews!
1. CRAFTSMAN CMCS714M1 7-1/4-Inch Sliding Miter Saw Kit
- 3,800 RPM of motor speed.
- 90 degrees of angle cut.
- 585 cuts per single charge.
- 9 casted miter stops.
- Includes LED cut line positioning system.
- 625 inches of the arbor
Craftsman is a reputed brand that made this, one of the best miter saw for trim work with tons of good features. It let you trim hardwood, lumber, and other materials smoothly with no crack thanks to the 15-amp powerful motor.
Even if this saw spread dust while the collection bag is installed, still it’s easy to clean. The most stunning thing about this saw is it lets you cut 585 times per recharge.
Overall, it is one of the best miter saw for fine woodworking with 3,800 RPM speed to split in double power.
- Fairly convenient and lightweight.
- Able to square cuts 8-inch boards.
- Easy to trigger.
- The lockable feature is excellent.
- Comes with a long-lasting battery.
- This miter saw makes a lot of dust.
2. Metabo HPT C10FCGS 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- 5,000 RPM of motor speed.
- 10 inches of blade.
- 0 – 45 degrees of bevel range.
- 0 – 52 degrees of miter range.
- 6 feet of cord length.
- 5 years of warranty protection.
Coming to one of the best miter saw for crown molding and cross-cutting, the Metabo HPT C10FCGS has the ability to let you work like a pro with 5,000 RPM motor speed. It is not only compact but also portable to use well.
Sadly, you won’t have the laser line system with this saw, even though it still cuts the frame straight. Also, it is one of the best miter saw under 200 dollars in the market.
In short, we love its miraculous functionality, interface, and blade for angle cuts that go through lumber effortlessly.
- Easy to carry around.
- Cuts material without making cracks.
- Durable and supportive miter saw.
- Ideal for hobbyists and DIYers.
- Fairly simple setup.
- This miter saw doesn’t come with a laser system.
3. Metabo HPT C10FCH2S 10-Inch Compound Miter Saw
- 10 inches of compound blade
- 15 amps of motor
- 0-52 degrees of miter range
- 0-45 degrees of the bevel angle range
- 5,000 RPM of motor speed
- Includes horizontal handle
It is often spilled that an easy-to-use tool works well for daily users. That’s exactly why we love the Metabo HPT C10FCH2S as it contains a carbide 10” blade with 24 teeth to slice the material like a piece of cake.
As one of the best miter saw for workshop, it offers a laser system to let you rip in perfect line without compromising performance.
Due to accuracy, control, and ease, a lot of people love this miter saw for carpenter jobs. In general, it is a nice tool that completes woodworkers.
- Simple to maneuver.
- Good for woodworkers and carpenters.
- Doesn’t make vibration and shake.
- Affordable price point.
- Rips precisely with the excellent blade.
- Fragile parts due to weak construction.
4. DEWALT DWS716 12-Inch Miter Saw
- 3,800 RPM of motor speed.
- Features 14 positive stops.
- 0 – 50 degrees of miter capacity.
- 5/8” or 1 inch of the arbor.
- 12 inches of blade.
- Made with stainless steel miter detent plate.
If you are looking for the best 12 inch miter saw for professional uses, then the DeWalt DWS716 will be an excellent choice. Not only you’ll get straight cut for serious works but also ensure user-friendly support with a 0-48 degrees bevel range.
Although the price is higher for this saw, still you won’t regret using it due to its stainless-steel plate and a sharp blade that won’t rust.
All in all, it is one of the best miter saw for furniture making and door framing because of its precision and high-powered motor.
- Doesn’t give fatigue or hand pain.
- Versatile and flexible.
- Good for daily woodworking jobs.
- Portable and light.
- Powerful motor included.
- This miter saw is expensive.
5. Delta S26262L 10” Shopmaster Miter Saw with Laser
- 5,500 RPM of motor speed
- Includes spindle lock system
- 2” x 12” cuts at a full bevel
- 5/8 inches of the arbor
- Featured 10 positive stops
- 3 years of assurance
For those who want one of the best miter saw for beginners and DIY users, the Delta S26262L could be your soulmate. It features an electric brake, fence, and convenient storage for ease of usage while ripping the wood stuff.
We find it not a good option for professional works but this saw surely perform finest on smaller projects. And, it is able to rotate in unmatchable 5,500 RPM speed.
By and large, this miter saw comes with a 3-year warranty with strong durability. It is also good for heavy use too.
- Excellent cutting range.
- User-friendly and reliable.
- Simple to use.
- Amazing laser lining system.
- Fine miter saw for door frames.
- The dust collection bag needs some upgrades.
That’s all for today! Now before we end this here, it would be better to share one out of these five picks as a potential all-rounder and the best budget sliding miter saw in our view along with the reasons. So that’s what we’ll be doing.
And the winner is DEWALT DWS716 12-Inch Miter Saw. It greatly impresses with 0-48 degrees in bevel range, but the list also includes user-friendliness, suitability to professional works, high power motor, preciseness, versatility, and more. All within a sweet price point, there’s less we can do other than not adoring this miter saw.
However, the other one in this list also shows quite impressive qualities, and if you chose different than us, it’s absolutely fine. Just make sure you are bothering the most about your needs because that’s for sure the best way to make a wise purchase no matter what thing.