Ahhh… you seem so desperate to get your woods done just the way you want. You are looking for the best chainsaw for milling, like the VERY BEST. Well, that, to be honest, will take you a lot of digging! But not if you READ this article!
Before we get started, there is something that I need to be sure about. Are you sincerely here to find the product that will give you the sweetest DREAMS? If so, then I am sure you will stay with us till the end.
Guess what people! There is something common between you and me, well you and team of powertoolsguyd to be precise. And that is…
You need the best chainsaw for milling and we have the best list to please you with. We have also provided enough evidence which will help you to judge the list properly without any confusion.
By the way…
I know you are desperate to get your hands on the best chainsaw but you decided to get a handful of help from the internet which is the BEST thing you’ve DONE! Because going to amazon for choosing a product is very time-consuming.
Amazon has hundreds or even thousands of products which is very difficult to cover and by the time you cover one-fourth, you will be frustrated. So reading reviews of a few priceless GEMS is the best choice and you have done just that!
Read this article with full concentration and we have got a buying guide that will provide you details about all the factors that you need to focus on when it comes to buying the best chainsaw for milling.
Remember any product you choose will turn out to be a GEM! So without further ado, let’s get started!
- 1 Let’s get the reviews of the best chainsaw for milling
- 1.1 1) Husqvarna 460 Rancher
- 1.2 Afraid of more fuel being used?
- 1.3 2) Husqvarna 455 Rancher
- 1.4 3) WORX WG304.1
- 1.5 4) Greenworks 20312
- 1.6 5) Poulan pro pr5020
- 1.7 6) Worx WG322
- 1.8 7) Worx wg303.1
- 1.9 8) DEWALT DCCS670X1
- 1.10 9) Echo CS-590-20
- 1.11 10) Greenworks pro gcs80420
- 1.12 11) Echo cs-490
- 2 BUYING GUIDE
Let’s get the reviews of the best chainsaw for milling
1) Husqvarna 460 Rancher
- Weight: 25.8 pounds
- Power speed: 9000 RPM
- Horsepower: 3.62 HP
- Powered by: fuel
- Engine power: 60.3 cc
- Sound level: 104 dB
- Customer rating: 4.7 out of 5
- The oil flow can be controlled using the adjustable oil pump, this will help reduce oil consumption.
- The centrifugal air cleaning system denies large dust from entering the air filter.
- LowVib system results in fewer vibrations hence less fatigue.
- The starter and the engine are designed to start up the saw quickly with very little effort.
- X-torq Engine reduces the exhaust emission levels and the amount of fuel used.
- Inertia Activated Chain Brake reduces the chances of kick-back, the number of injuries also becomes less.
We are kicking off the list with Husqvarna 24 Inch 460 rancher. Whenever you come across a Husqvarna product, you always know that it will please your heart. This saw is no exception, it comes with an engine power of 60.3 cc. Woooah!!
Aahhhh… that’s way ahead of the minimum cc for chainsaw mill!
That is just too much for any saw of this kind! And this is one of the reasons why it tops our list. Moreover, we as users prefer to use a saw that makes fewer vibrations because more vibration leads to more fatigue. And the LowVib system will do just that.
Afraid of more fuel being used?
Don’t be! Because this saw has got not one but two features to help you out with. An X-torq engine and adjustable oil pump will be in charge of reducing the consumption of fuel. Ohh… by the way, there is this one more thing that an X-torq engine does and that is reducing the exhaust emission level.
Hmm… Husqvarna didn’t forget to give the environment a thought.
If you still aren’t impressed by this, then get ready for something else.
Once you combine the 60.3 cc, an HP of 3.62 and a no-load RPM of 9000, this tool becomes a LETHAL weapon for all the woods out there!
Safety? Well, you have Inertia Activated Chain Brake which will reduce the chances of kickback and will keep you safe. The sound level of this chainsaw is 104 decibels which is lower than average chainsaws, this stat makes it even better for many users.
Husqvarna chainsaw for milling? Yes, they are WORTH every penny.
- Very powerful as well as effective
- Less fuel is consumed
- Fewer vibrations take place
- Starting the saw is very easy
- Helpful for both professionals and beginners
- Safety features are great
- Isn’t very expensive once you compare them with similar saws
- It is a bit heavy for beginners
- Few components are made of plastic
2) Husqvarna 455 Rancher
- Weight: 12.8 pounds
- Engine power: 55.5 cc
- Maximum power speed: 9000 RPM
- Sound level: 122 dB
- Maximum length: 20 inches
- Power output: 3.49 HP
- Customer rating: 4.5 out of 5
- SmartStart system makes it very easy for the users to start the saw.
- You will experience fewer vibrations thanks to the LowVib system.
- Large dust cannot enter the filter due to the centrifugal air cleaning system.
- The life span of the filters will not decrease because of the air injection system.
- Inertia operated chain brake decreases the chances of kickbacks which results in fewer injuries.
Husqvarna impressed us with another product and that is Husqvarna 20 Inch 455 Rancher. This product has what it takes to catch the heart of any buyer.
There is this one specification that highlights this saw and that is the weight. The weight of this chainsaw is only 12.8 pounds, this value is very impressive.
Starting up a saw is sometimes difficult and time-consuming. But not in this case because this saw has the SmartStart system which will make it very easy for you plus you can save time.
The size of this saw is small and the weight is less but that doesn’t mean that this saw should be underestimated. The engine power of this saw is 55.5 cc, an HP of 3.49 and a no-load RPM of 9000 when all three factors combine, they make this chainsaw very, very powerful.
You can cut your woods in no time!
Is it durable? Many users ask this question and most of them prefer to get YES as an answer. For those of you who prefer yes as an answer will be glad with this product. Because the durability of this chainsaw is high, it is there to LAST.
Furthermore, the life span of the filters in this chainsaw will not decrease quickly, thanks to the air injection system. WE AREN’T DONE YET!
It is fuel-efficient so your fuel will be saved plus your cash. There is no question to be asked about the vibration and safety of this chainsaw because it has the Inertia operated chain brake which reduces the chances of kickback and LowVib system which leads to fewer vibrations.
Now you know why it is in the checklist of best chainsaw for milling.
- Great value for the price
- Easy to start
- High-quality cutting ability and can handle large trees
- It is durable
- Vibration control
- A bit loud
- The fuel tank of this chainsaw is small
3) WORX WG304.1
- Motor power: 15 amps
- Horsepower: 4 HP
- Chain speed: 12m/s
- Weight: 11.3 pounds
- Bar length: 18 inches
- Power source: electric
- Voltage: 120V
- Type: corded
- Customer rating: 4.3 out of 5
- You will get enough power from this product and it was possible because of 15 amps motor.
- The chainsaw comes with a chain brake which increases safety.
- You don’t need to worry about oiling the chainsaw because it has auto oiling as well as an auto chain tensioning system.
- Ergonomic handgrip makes it very easy to hold the chainsaw while working.
WORX is also a very well-known company when it comes to chainsaws in particular. They make great chainsaws that the users can easily be fond of. WORX WG304.1 is no exception!
The first two chainsaws in our list were fuel powered but this particular chainsaw has a motor as the power source. The motor of this chainsaw is very, very powerful which makes it deadly. The amperage of this chainsaw is 15 amps which is an awful lot when compared to other chainsaws in general.
STILL NOT SURE HOW IT WILL CUT?
You will get to know once you combine 4 HP and 15 amps motor. Plus, you can work for hours because the motor can keep itself cool as it has an amperage of 15.
In addition, we all prefer to use a chainsaw which is easy to handle and this also helps in an emergency situation. This saw has an ergonomic handgrip so it ticks the box of handling.
The safety feature of this product is good too. It has got a chain brake to keep you safe from kickback hence injuries. Is the chain tight enough? Don’t you dare doubt that because this saw has an auto chain tensioning system. Which means you won’t even realize when the chain gets lose!
Lastly, oiling the chain won’t be an issue and that will save time and frustration. It has an auto oiling system that will do the job for you. But there is a point to be noted, more oil will be consumed as it is automatic.
- Very easy to use, beginners will not have an issue.
- It comes with amazing safety features.
- It is light in weight
- Provides a great amount of power to work with
- More oil is used as it is automatic.
- The chain adjustable knob can loosen up when dealing with tough wood.
You will get more product reviews after looking at the infographic.
Let’s gain some quick knowledge on the best chainsaw for milling through this infographic
Sometimes reading plain text is boring as well as time consuming. So for a quick search of the best product, why not tracing this infographic where the best ones are ranked…
Share this Image On Your Site
<p><strong>Please include attribution to https://powertoolsguyd.com/ with this graphic.</strong><br /><br /><a href=’https://powertoolsguyd.com/best-chainsaw-for-milling/’><img src=’https://i1.wp.com/powertoolsguyd.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/03/Best-chai-saw-for-milling-scaled.jpg?w=380&ssl=1′ alt=’chainsaw for milling’ width=’1200′ height=’808′ border=’0′ /></a></p>
4) Greenworks 20312
- Dimensions: 31 x 9 x 8.5
- Power source: battery
- Weight: 10.36
- Battery type: lithium (this chainsaw comes with a battery)
- Voltage: 40V
- Bar length: 16 inches
- Customer rating: 4.4 out of 5
- Chain brake and low kickback chain are the safety features that will be in charge of keeping the user safe.
- The brushless motor increases the torque and the life span of this tool.
- It comes with an auto chain tensioning system which always makes sure that the chain is not loose.
- Electric start, all you have to do is press one button!
- The automatic oiler of this chainsaw will make sure that is the chain is ready to be DEADLY!
There was no doubt that we will have at least one product of greenworks among the best chainsaw for milling.
This product is one of the best of Greenworks without a doubt.
Let’s talk about weight. The weight of this product is only 10.36. it is very light in weight when you take any kind of chainsaw. You can easily work for hours after hours with less chances of fatigue.
The brushless motor of this chainsaw delivers 30% more torque which smoothens the cutting experience. Plus, it decreases up to 70% vibration and it also increases the life span of this tool. Isn’t that just too much already for a chainsaw?
The tank of the chainsaw is translucent so you will be aware of the oil level.
Besides, let’s move on to the chains.
Well, you won’t be disappointed on what this chainsaw provides for the chains. The auto tensioning system helps to keep the chain tight which makes it easy for the user to use the chainsaw at its full potential.
As it is a battery-powered chainsaw, many of you might be worried about how the battery is in this chainsaw. If so, then I will be very happy to give you the good news, the battery is long-lasting.
Furthermore, the safety features of this product are great too. It has got the chain brake and low kickback chain which will keep you safe from injuries by reducing the kickbacks.
- It is very powerful
- Very safe
- Battery is long-lasting
- Light in weight
- Oil leaks
5) Poulan pro pr5020
- Dimensions: 12 x 16 x 11.8 inches
- Engine: 50 cc
- Weight: 17 pounds
- Powered by: fuel-engine
- Warranty: 2-year warranty
- Customer rating: 3.7 out of 5
- The combi tool is combined with the rear handle and it will always be there when it is needed for maintenance.
- The choke/stop control is very user-friendly which allows the user to start the chainsaw quickly and reduces the risk of engine flooding.
- The risk of damage in the purge bulb is reduced because it is protected. The purge bulb provides the carburetor with fuel which reduces the number of pulls needed to start the chainsaw.
- OxyPower engine technology allows getting extra power for all kinds of tasks. It also decreases the consumption level of fuel by 20% and emissions by 70%
- The pull force that is needed to start the chainsaw is reduced by 30% due to effortless pull starting system.
Whaatttt? You’re looking for a chainsaw with a warranty? Then, why not take a look at the Poulan pro pp5020av. It comes with a huge 2-year warranty.
I am sure it already stole your heart. Haha…
If it didn’t then stay tuned to find out more!
The manufacturer has blessed this chainsaw with not one but two features that will make the starting of this chainsaw very easy and less time-consuming.
Firstly, you have got the choke/stop control. Which is designed to reduce the risk of engine flooding and it also makes it easier to start the chainsaw. Secondly, it is the effortless pull starting system that reduces the pull force that is needed to start, by 30%.
People! Let’s not forget about the engine power, 50cc is more than enough for your milling.
Also, the OxyPower engine technology boosts the chainsaw with extra power. And it also decreases the emission level by 70% and the oil consumption level by 20%. Isn’t that sufficient yet?
Aahhh… the combi tool. Yes, that tool combines with the rear handle pretty well and this combination is known as MR.DEPENDENT because it will always be present whenever you need it for maintenance.
Lastly, the weight of this chainsaw is only 17 pounds. Which means this chainsaw is light and makes it very easy for the users to carry the chainsaw around. More users will prefer a light chainsaw as it is very easy to carry it around.
WHAM!!! Just buy a chainsaw mill attachment and you are ready to go!
- It is very powerful
- This chainsaw is comparatively cheaper
- 2-year warranty
- Easy to start
- Less emission levels
- Lower fuel consumption
- Bar and chain is a bit difficult to change
6) Worx WG322
- Weight: 6.19 pounds
- Dimensions: 25x 7.5 x 9.5 inches
- Power source: battery powered
- Battery: lithium-ion ( comes with 1 lithium-ion battery)
- Voltage: 20V
- Customer rating: 4.4 out of 5
- The saw weighs only 6.2 pounds. It is very light which will allow the users to work for long and it will cause less strain on hands etc.
- This saw comes with an oil level indicator which helps the users to keep track of the oil level.
- The automatic lubrication chain system makes the cuts more efficient and smooth. It also extends the life span of the tool.
- Toolfree automatic chain tension systems ensure that the user always has the appropriate tension for the work.
Yet another Worx and yet another JEWEL!
Worx never fails and they proved us again. This chainsaw is a very handy tool for milling.
This chainsaw is one of the best chainsaws when it comes to battery-powered chainsaws. There are many amazing features this tool provides.
One of the most appreciated features is the fact that it provides a Toolfree automatic chain tension system, this makes it very easy for users to work as they don’t need to bother about tensioning the chain.
Moreover, the weight of this chainsaw is 6.2 which is very less when compared to other chainsaws of this kind. This makes it very easy and comfortable for the users. Plus, you can use it hours after hours and you don’t need to worry even a bit about fatigue
Worried about sound??? Don’t be when it comes to this chainsaw because it is one of its kind which makes very less sound.
There are more!
The oil level indicator that is present in this chainsaw helps us to keep track. This means that you will know when is the perfect time for a re-fill.
However, there is this one thing that affects its reputation. And that is the fact that this chainsaw leaks oil if it is not managed properly. If you take that factor out, then this is an amazing product!
Get the Review of Worx WG322 Chainsaw
- Very much flexible
- Easy tensioning due to automatic chain tensioning system
- Easy to start and use
- Doesn’t make much sound
- Oil may leak if not managed properly
7) Worx wg303.1
- Weight: 11 pounds
- Motor: 14.5 amps
- Dimensions: 14.6 x 19.7 x 8.1
- Power source: electric
- Horsepower: 3.5 HP
- Voltage: 120V
- Warranty: 3-year warranty
- Customer rating: 4.1 out of 5
- Chain bar and low kickback bar decrease the chances of kickback hence increases safety.
- You don’t need to worry about oiling because it has an automatic oil lubrication system.
- The auto-tension chain system prevents over-tightening which increases the life span of bar and chain.
- The ergonomic front handle allows a good grip which leads to comfy work.
Yet another one! Haha… not our fault, Worx are just too good with their products.
This is yet another great Worx product but it is different from Worx WG322, which you just read. Unlike the last one, this chainsaw is known well for both weight and its safety. This gives it an extra edge.
We all know how great chainsaws are but they are fatal too. One mistake and you wake straight up from the wrong side of the bed.
But you will be lucky to hear that this chainsaw comes with a low kickback bar and a chain bar, both of them will be in charge of keeping you safe.
Let’s not forget about the ergonomic front handle which will be very helpful in giving you the grip you are dying for! Ahh… imagine how comfortable you will feel!
Besides, this chainsaw comes with a massive 3-year warranty. Maaannnn!!! Doesn’t this add icing on the cake! What else can you ask for?
Weight? leave that on the hands of this saw. Weighing only 11 pounds, all you can think of is working hours after hours with less fatigue or no fatigue if you are careful.
Surely one of the best electric chainsaw for milling!!! We aren’t done yet though.
The next feature is a very vital one and not all chainsaw provides such amazing features. The auto-tension chain system is in charge of preventing over-tightening which in reply increases the life span of both bar and chain.
- Very Powerful
- Easy to use
- Light in weight
- More oil is required as it consumes more oil.
8) DEWALT DCCS670X1
- Weight: 12.2 pounds
- Dimensions: 10 x 35 x 9 inches
- Power source: lithium-ion (battery)
- Bar length: 16 inches
- Amp-hour: 3.0 AH
- Voltage: 60V
- Customer rating: 4.4 out of 5
- Auto-oiling allows continuous lubrication and the quarter-turn oil cap helps in quick re-fills.
- You are protected from kickback and it was possible due to the chain brake.
- It has an ergonomic design which makes it very comfortable to use.
- Tool-free chain tensioning will lead to easy and quick adjustments.
Many people ask “what size chainsaw for milling”. The answer is, size doesn’t matter much as long as the bar length and the power is correct for milling. And Dewalt DCCS670X1 has just that!
The tool-free chain tensioning does need the help of any tools. The name only suggests that lol. As it doesn’t need any help from tools, the adjustments are made easily and quickly.
The weight is only 12.2 which adds a cheery on the cake. The user will experience less fatigue even if he/she uses it for hours.
Moreover, the auto-oiling is in charge of keeping the chain lubricated and this ensures smooth cutting. Ahem… I mean smooth milling!
However, this has an effect and to be honest most of the chainsaws with auto-oiling technology face this issue. And the issue is more consumption of oil.
The length of a bar in a chainsaw is vital and this chainsaw has a 16 inches bar which is impressive. This will help the user to get through thick woods easily. And let’s not forget how powerful this chainsaw is.
BANG!!! Just what we expected from DEWALT, They never fail right.
Safety?? Not an issue. Leave it to the hands of chain brake, it will keep you safe and this is what we all want as users.
- Battery lasts long
- Easy and comfortable to use
- More oil is consumed.
- Changing the battery is difficult
9) Echo CS-590-20
- Dimensions: 20 x 13 x 11
- Weight: 13.2 pounds, excluding cutting equipment or fuel
- Bar length: 20 inches
- Fuel type: gas
- Engine: 59.8 cc
- Horsepower: 3.9 HP
- Customer rating: 4 out of 5
- The heavy-duty spring dampeners reduce the vibration which in return reduces fatigue.
- The fuel tank of this chainsaw is translucent, this helps the users to check the fuel level quickly.
- G-Force Engine Air Pre-Cleaner is responsible in keep the filter in good condition. This reduces the maintenance of the user.
- The chain oiler is auto and adjustable, so your chain will be always ready to cut your wood!
Echo is also another well-known company when it comes to power tools, chainsaws in particular. And the main reason is because of the quality products they provide.
Take this chainsaw as an example, it can capture the heart of any buyer. And it is because of the amazing features it provides.
Firstly, let’s get started with the engine of the chainsaw. It has a jaw-dropping power of 59.8 cc which itself is very strong. But the power becomes AWFUL LOT once you combine it with an HP of 3.9. Your woods can’t even breathe!!
Imagine the pleasure of using a chainsaw that is not only strong but also light in weight. you can work for hours after hours without dropping a single drop of sweat.
In addition, filters are very important and who wouldn’t one which is long-lasting. Well, this chainsaw comes with a G-Force Engine Pre-Cleaner which will do just what you want by keeping the filter in good condition.
As the filter will be in good condition, you wouldn’t need to worry a bit about maintenance.
Want more? you have GOT MORE!
The length of the bar is 20 inches so you don’t have to face any issues, even if you have to use a vertical chainsaw mill. Plus, the heavy-duty spring dampeners keep the vibration in control. This feature doesn’t fail to please anyone!
Review: Echo CS 590 chainsaw
- Chain brake will keep you safe.
- Easy to use
- Very powerful
- Less maintenance is required.
- Less vibrations
- The scabbard is not of high quality.
10) Greenworks pro gcs80420
- Dimensions: 32.4 x 9.7 x 7.6 inches
- Weight: 10.8 pounds
- Batteries: lithium-ion (comes with 1 lithium-ion battery)
- Power source: battery
- Voltage: 80V
- Bar length: 18 inches
- Customer rating: 4.3 out of 5
- DigiPro brushless motors increase the output as it delivers more than enough power.
- Using a fully charged 2AH battery, you can make up to 150 cuts.
- Due to having an auto oiler system, the maintenance system is just the way we want!
- It is filled with safety features and they include electronic chain brake, steel bucking spikes, and durable metal wrap-around handle.
Ohh nooo… another Greenworks makes our list of the best chainsaw for milling. yeah I know, I know this list has more than one chainsaw from a brand. Even if we didn’t want to do it, we had no option.
They are great chainsaws especially when it comes to milling. there are many features that this saw provides which will put a smile on your face.
Both professionals and beginners know how important safety is when it comes to using chainsaws because one mistake can be so deadly that it could take your life away.
You will be glad to hear that this product is well known for its safety features. The steel bucking spikes, durable metal wrap-around handle, and an electronic chain brake are the safety features that you can depend on.
By the way, this can be your go-to product as it got no cons, so you have pretty much nothing to worry about!
Besides, the battery of this chainsaw is worth mentioning because of what it provides. Charging the battery takes only around 30 minutes which is very less when compared to other battery-powered chainsaw and you be able to make about 150 cuts with the completely charged battery.
ISN’T ALL THAT ENOUGH TO CONVINCE YOU?
Furthermore, DigiPro brushless motors gives you more than enough power that you need to get through your woods. Imagine all these advantages, add the WEIGHT in the list too.
The weight is only 10.8 which is very less. You can use it for hours with very little fatigue.
No patience and you want to start milling as soon as possible, just read a granberg chainsaw mill review and get the best mill. Attach it with this chainsaw and you’re ready to go.
- Very powerful, can cut through with ease
- It is very easy to start, all you have to do is push one button
- The battery consumes only 30 minutes to be completely charged
- Very less maintenance is required
- NOTHING HERE!!!Moving on to our last product! ...
11) Echo cs-490
- Dimensions: 37 x 10.4 x 13.2
- Engine power: 50.2
- Weight: 18.7 pounds
- Power source: fuel
- Fuel capacity: 16.6 fl oz
- Oil capacity: 9.5 fl oz
- Customer rating: 4 out of 5
- The chrome-plated cylinder is in charge of extending the life of the engine.
- G-force engine air Pre-Cleaner reduces the maintenance needed for the air filter.
- The durability is increased and it was possible because of the Dual-post chain brake.
- The Heavy-duty air filter provides superior air filtration. This increases the life span of the engine.
- The oil consumption is reduced due to the adjustable, automatic clutch-driven oiler.
Well, well we have made it to the last PRICELESS GEM! This chainsaw of Echo is actually a gem, it provides most of the things a user can ask for.
We all know how good Echo is with their products and this chainsaw is no exception. The weight of this chainsaw is good enough to be easily carried around while working.
Plus, it will cause less fatigue which is a huge plus point for people who work for long hours.
Talking about work, you don’t need to think about how your work will turn out to be. This chainsaw has an incredible engine power of 50.2. which is massive and you can handle most of the projects with it. Milling can be done in no time!
In addition, you don’t need to worry about the durability of this chainsaw because the Dual-post chain brake has got that covered for you. Hmmm… so you will own a chainsaw that will last!
Oil consumption? Ahh… forget about it. The adjustable and automatic clutch-driven oiler will make it possible, it will help the chainsaw to consume as little oil as possible.
The life of the engine is what many users fear about but if you are a user of Echo, then I am pretty sure you know what’s gonna come in the next line. Chrome-plated cylinder will be responsible for increasing the life of the engine!
Review: Echo CS 490 chainsaw
- Lightweight and comfortable to use
- Less vibration is produced
- Replacing the filter is very easy
- Very powerful
- Starting up is easy and quick
- Has little issues with quality control
There are a few factors that you need to look out for when it comes to buying a chainsaw. They are as follows.
Engine is a very important factor to look out for because you cannot make the proper cuts that you want. A chainsaw with a less powerful engine won’t be very effective. It will rather be disappointing and none of us would want that.
In order to choose a good engine, you have to know your purpose for buying. Whether you want to cut thick or thin tress and a few other questions should be answered first.
The more cc and HP in your chainsaw, the more powerful it is. It can cut through tough wood with easy and this will also save your time. Plus, the engine can itself cool if the cc is high, which can be a significant advantage for all the users.
Motor and engine are so much similar yet so different. A fuel-powered chainsaw will have an engine and not a motor. Their function and their effect on a chainsaw are almost the same as an engine.
The same goes for this one, before choosing a motor you have to be clear about your purpose. Plus, answer a few questions to yourself so that you don’t end up regretting as you buy a chainsaw.
HP and Amps make a major effect on your experience while using a chainsaw. More HP will allow to cut and shape the toughest of the wood in no time! And more amps will be responsible to keep the motor cool so that will help you work for hours after hours.
All power tools have that, one factor that all the users need to keep in mind. Weight is that factor but not in all power tools, weight doesn’t matter that much for example table saws.
When it comes to chainsaws, weight plays a vital role. Because we move around from place to place when using a chainsaw. And that is exactly why is it a very important factor.
Wouldn’t all of us want the same?
A lightweight chainsaw allows us, the users to work for hours and very less fatigue. We could still work with a heavy chainsaw but it would be very difficult to work for a long time.
No matter how good a motor or an engine is, the product is useless until it has a good bar guide. Yes, that’s true. If you have a weak bar guide then your fight with woods won’t be that good.
You will have a hard time dealing with the issue, this also leads to affecting the chain. The chain won’t be in place which will lead to disastrous cutting experience.
In worse situations, you might face injuries due to a weak bar guide because there will be chances of the chain popping out or it might loosen up at the wrong time leading to massive, massive KICKBACK.
Chain and blade
The burden of your shoulders isn’t done yet. Because no matter how good a motor or an engine or a bar guide is, a chainsaw isn’t very effective without a good chain and blade.
You have to have a good chain and blade or else you are DOOMED!! Smooth cutting isn’t ensured without a good chain because the smooth rotation of the chain leads to smooth cutting. A bad chain won’t help you at all, it’s as simple as that.
Anddd the BLADES will do the cutting for you so it is important to have sharp blades and the size doesn’t usually matter. Many chainsaws have small blades but are able to pack a punch of hundreds.
Ahhh yesss…. We made our way to the most, most important factor, which is SAFETY.
Because let’s be honest, none of us would like to hear the sound “wee woo wee woo”. And chainsaws have a bad habit of making people hear that, all it takes them is one millisecond sometimes.
REMEMBER, the chainsaws that you plan to buy should have the basic safety features and if it doesn’t have then, DROP IT OFF YOUR LIST.
Chainsaws can be fatal, and it can also be life-threating. And if you’re lucky enough to find a chainsaw that has enough safety features to please you, then that can be your go-to product.
But, that doesn’t mean you shouldn’t look at other factors.
NARROWING IT DOWN!!
We have given you a list of 11 products and to be very honest it is difficult to choose the best. And with that, we invite you to this section. Over here we will take you a bit closer to buying one if these JEWELS!
These two chainsaws have made the list:
Safest chainsaw among the expensive ones- Husqvarna 24 Inch 460 Rancher
Safest chainsaw among the cheap ones- Worx wg303.1
This chainsaw will provide you the best value.
Annnddddd it is DEWALT DCCS670X1
Most portable chainsaw among the expensive ones- Husqvarna 20 Inch 455 Rancher
Most portable chainsaw among the cheap ones- Worx WG322
Husqvarna 20 Inch 455 Rancher –this chainsaw has edged out others.
WHAT ARE YOU WAITING FOR!!!
Oh, mannn… you must be very exhausted by now!! After searching for many articles and now reading this complete article
Woooh before you go, why don’t you look on the brighter side. You now can choose the best product for you. Plus, you now have the knowledge about the best chainsaw for milling.
Sooo, nothing went to waste!!! Anyways, we don’t want to keep you any longer here because now it is time for you to buy!
Best wishes on using your chainsaw. And remember whichever you choose from here will be worth every cent! Anyways, ADIOS!
Some related articles that we are recommending you…