It’s completely fair to think about saving money in an economic time like right now. And so, spending your hard-earned thousand dollars on a chainsaw might not fit very well with you. But half of that is something you won’t mind paying for a tool that is actually necessary at your small shop or for those backyard tasks or perhaps just for the sake of free time DIY projects that you do. And so, you’re pretty serious to do whatever is within your means to research properly and find yourself that best chainsaw under 500 dollars price tag.
We are thrilled and loving the fact that there’re actually 5 amazing chainsaw options that are within the 500 dollars budget range and finally, we’re going to share them with you. Keep on scrolling…
- 1 Best Chainsaw Under 500 Dollars – Top 5 Picks
- 2 Reviewing 5 Picks to Get The Best Budget Chainsaw Under 500 & 400 Dollars
- 2.1 Oregon CS300 Self-Sharpening Chainsaw
- 2.2 Husqvarna 460 Rancher 60cc Chainsaw
- 2.3 MILWAUKEE’S Electric Tools 2727-21HD Chainsaw Kit
- 2.4 Greenworks G-MAX 20312 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- 3 Deciding The Best Chainsaw Under 500 Dollars For Yourself – Factors That Really Help
- 4 Wrapping Up
Best Chainsaw Under 500 Dollars – Top 5 Picks
- Oregon CS300 Self-Sharpening Chainsaw – Apart from being one of the best small chainsaw picks, it also serves with plenty of power for the price. Great deal to crack for anyone who is more into occasional usable chainsaws. And the performance, once again for the price, is a phenomenon.
- Husqvarna 460 Rancher 60cc Chainsaw – Not only you’ll pick the best Husqvarna chainsaw for firewood that rocks in dealing with medium to huge branches but also the fuel efficiency will sound like a perfect fairy tale. It’s flexible, super-efficient and within your budget boundaries.
- MILWAUKEE’S Electric Tools 2727-21HD Chainsaw Kit – Having sore hands after using the chainsaw is the last thing you would face with this one thanks to the amazingly comfortable grip. Not to forget the way it quite quickly makes cut. And so, for maximum homeowners, it’ll be the perfect deal whatsoever.
- DEWALT FLEXVOLT DCCS670X1 16-Inch 60V MAX Chainsaw Kit – The robust brushless motor is a beauty that professional users would appreciate a lot. It also does not make usage irritating with useless and continuous vibrations. Instead, you get fabulous stability to get jobs done.
- Greenworks G-MAX 20312 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw – This cordless sweety does not make irritating noise to cause your cuts difficulty. Instead, you’ll love how quietly it works and gives fantastic usage benefits overall. It’s also known for being quite safe and the weight is minimal that feels easy to carry while working plus when carrying it to places.
Reviewing 5 Picks to Get The Best Budget Chainsaw Under 500 & 400 Dollars
Let’s not wait anymore and get to know the picks a bit more deeply through their reviews right below.
Oregon CS300 Self-Sharpening Chainsaw
- Included brushless motor.
- 16” of bar length.
- Automatic-oiler system.
- 1 oz of tank capacity.
- 2,796 FPM of chain speed.
- Featured toolless tensioner.
- Cuts 250 to 600 times per charge.
Perhaps you want the best light duty chainsaw for occasional tasks that would be perfect to complete arborist cutting jobs. Then, the Oregon CS300 is a handy tool. It is not only good for small to mid-sized trees but also ensures nice performance thanks to its 16” bar.
The CS300 contains a 3/8” pitch and 0.05” gauge to rip limbs and prune at ease. It also lets you get a self-sharpening feature to use the saw without losing its longevity.
Thanks to its 14.2 m/s of chain speed, you are able to run the saw smoothly over most types of wood items. And, this chainsaw can cut for up to 250-600 times per charge that will give good speed for ripping performance.
In fact, this chainsaw is designed with a nice trigger that lets you start well. Overall, we find it the best chainsaw under 500 dollars for the comfort of usage.
- Excellent self-sharpening chain system.
- Tough construction.
- Strong battery system.
- Powerful motor performance.
- Good for light to medium tasks.
- This chainsaw is expensive compared to others.
Husqvarna 460 Rancher 60cc Chainsaw
- 3cc of engine displacement.
- 24 inches of bar length.
- 44 inches of max cut capacity.
- 50:1 of fuel mix ratio.
- 7 HP of engine power.
- 2-cycle engine type.
- 050 of chain gauge.
Are you looking for the most reliable and heavy-duty performing chainsaw? If so, the 460 Rancher is the best in both worlds. It is an all-rounder choice that lets you take down big to small trees easily.
Most users find it the best Husqvarna chainsaw for firewood, hardwood, and also mid-sized branches. It has a 3.7 HP powerful motor that helps the bar and chain to run faster.
This chainsaw also includes a centrifugal air cleaning system to stops dust and debris that can be trapped. With a combined stop control, you are able to easily start and control the speed. It is also flexible and supportive.
Apart from these features, this chainsaw is light in weight and reduces fuel consumption. And, the price of it is very reasonable. In general, we love its nice functionality.
- Easy to handle.
- Efficient and sturdy bar.
- Good build quality.
- Nice cutting ability.
- Stops vibration and rust.
- This chainsaw makes a loud noise.
MILWAUKEE’S Electric Tools 2727-21HD Chainsaw Kit
- 16 inches of bar length.
- 6,600 RPM of engine speed.
- Included cordless power source.
- 043 inches of chain gauge.
- Low-profile 3/8 inches of chain pitch.
- Featured M18 battery system.
- Made with stainless steel.
For those of you who want the best chainsaw for cutting down trees or hardwoods, then stop right there. The MILWAUKEE’S Electric Tools 2727-21HD is a good fit for you. It is super quiet, strong, and efficient thanks to its 6,600 RPM engine speed.
Designed for most homeowners, this chainsaw is budget-friendly to replace the strength of gas-powered alternatives. It also contains 16 inches of bar and chain to cut through woods at ease.
This saw includes a Soft Grip handle that lets you hold and move the bar at ease. We also find the onboard storage very handy for adjusting the scrench. Although the chain tensioner is weak, it works to adjust the fitment.
And, the automatic oiler is excellent to reduce the chances of rust. To sum it up, this saw is fine for pruning and limbing.
- Good for cutting pruning.
- Easy to control.
- The trigger is excellent to use.
- Nice chain brake system.
- Simple to start on and off.
- Sadly, the chain tensioner is fragile that can break easily.
DEWALT FLEXVOLT DCCS670X1 16-Inch 60V MAX Chainsaw Kit
- Tool-free chain tension system.
- Solid tightening knob included.
- Auto-oiling system.
- Cuts 70 times per charge.
- Featured kickback brake system.
- 0Ah power of the battery.
- Included quarter-turn oil cap.
The DeWalt FLEXVOLT DCCS670X1 is the best chainsaw for firewood or pine woods. It contains excellent cutting-edge technology that lets you cut any kind of wood 70 times per full recharged. This saw is also designed with a 3Ah battery that needs recharge before use.
Even if the charging doesn’t last long, this chainsaw is suitable for professional use to take down big trees. It also includes nice handles for gripping snugly.
We are in love with this chainsaw for its strong brushless motor to control bar and chain speed. The tool-less chain tensioner is very useful to adjust the chain tooth tightness.
Thanks to its efficient chain brake, you are able to cut wood pieces safely. And, it is efficient and easy to control. In short, this saw is excellent for daily use.
- Needs less maintenance.
- Good automatic oiler system.
- Simple to use.
- Good for professional use.
- Nice outline and quality.
- The chainsaw battery doesn’t last long.
Greenworks G-MAX 20312 40V 16-Inch Cordless Chainsaw
- Cuts 140 times per charge.
- 16 inches of bar and chain length.
- 0375 inches of chain pitch.
- Translucent oil tank type.
- 2Ah battery power.
- 2X powerful torque.
- Automatic oiling system.
If you need the best budget chainsaw in our list that is battery-operated with a 16” bar and chain, then the Greenworks G-MAX 20312 is a nice choice. It is also light, portable, and safe for expert woodworkers or amateur handymen.
Apart from others, it includes an electric brake that lets you smoothly pause cutting with no accidental kickback or shake. This chainsaw also contains a push-button start for functionality.
It is perhaps the best chainsaw for hardwood, tree branches, and lumber thanks to its 140 cuts per charge facility. This chainsaw also contains a 2X powerful brushless motor for strong cutting performance.
Designed for lighter jobs, this chainsaw has a low-profile cutter chain and 16” bar. In brief, it is silent, anti-vibrating, and powerful.
- Light in weight.
- Simple to handle.
- It is noiseless.
- The battery is effective.
- Good for light cutting.
- This chainsaw cannot handle big jobs due to limited power.
Deciding The Best Chainsaw Under 500 Dollars For Yourself – Factors That Really Help
The comfort of having more than just a few options to choose from soon becomes a task when you are unable to figure out what looks like a good deal and what actually is a good deal based on your practical list of requirements. And that’s when taking some while and going through such factors really helps, the ones we’ll be talking about just below.
The Type of Tasks You Handle
You are getting the chainsaw for obviously conducting a certain type of task. So does the features do justice to those particular tasks, that’s the first thing you need to consider. Maybe you want it to take down smaller trees. Then you’d focus on getting small size corded or cordless chainsaws. Or perhaps you deal with softer huge trees and medium-sized ones too, then you’d want something a bit bigger.
You see, it’s important to highlight those features that must be existing in the chainsaw below 500 dollars range, to tackle all the tasks you want it to handle.
Reliability is Often a Matter of Brand
You are trying to have as much as possible flexibility with your chainsaw even if it comes within a budget boundary. And often models from hardly heard about brands just make fake promises. You’ll see tons of working features hiding one very critical and basic malfunction in these models.
And so, cheaper models from a brand that is well known would be a much safer option. Because these manufacturers have a reputation that they hold by giving reliability to the users.
And so, when you grab something from such a manufacturer, even in less cost, the features might be basic and focusing on executing certain tasks better than others, but at least you won’t compromise the overall quality.
The Power Of Engine
Depending on the task you’ll handle, the matter of engine power will also vary. However, within the 500 dollars range, you should not choose anything less than 30cc. For cordless versions, it should be between 30-60V. Whatever variety you choose, make sure the power of the engine can handle the type of materials you usually use.
Weight & Maneuverability
Because the heavily weighted chainsaws are known for being more powerful, people often chose them over the lightweight ones. But if you are someone who usually works for long hours taking a very little break in between, keep in mind that weight is something your hands will hold for the whole work period.
Not really helpful when you end up getting sore hands by the end. Plus, the design, something that isn’t going to help with easy maneuverability is probably the last thing you’d want to get, especially when it’s a chainsaw.
The Handle Grip
Another very important thing to consider apart from the weight matter. Because if the handle is not comfortable to grab, and comes with an off design, then it’ll also be a task for your hands to work with it for this long. Top handles are usually great for trimming trees. Having pads will help it make fewer vibration issues.
And after going through all of the paras, we have a name that deserves the title of best chainsaw under 500 dollars. Managing 250-600 cuts with each charge and including a fabulous self-sharpening mechanism along with serving excellent results to tackle small and medium-sized trees. If you’ve not guessed yet, it’s the Oregon CS300 Self-Sharpening Chainsaw that we’re talking about.
Now it’s your turn to sit down and think, which one will fit the best for your type of chainsaw needs within that budget range. Good Luck!