Everyone needs a generator for running a 15000 BTU air conditioner for their RV when they go out camping. Still, most of us can’t ascertain which generator is ideal for running a 15000 BTU air conditioner. Leave the tension to us because you will find the perfect generator for running a 15000 BTU air conditioner in this article.
An air conditioner demands a massive amount of power, and you require an ideal generator to keep everything running in this place.
That’s why we’ve selected the most dependable generators on the market, examined them, and we will tell you about this in our article. After reading the article, you can discover the ideal generator to efficiently run your 15000 BTU air conditioner and other appliances and the many choices available to you.
This article will help you find the top 5 best generators for 15,000 BTU air conditioners and why you should buy them. So let’s dive right in.
- 1 Top Picks of Best Generator for 15,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- 1.1 Westinghouse WGen3600 Portable Generator
- 1.2 Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Portable Generator
- 1.3 Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator
- 1.4 Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
- 1.5 Briggs & Stratton P3000 Power Smart Series Inverter Generator
- 2 Buying guide:
- 3 Verdict:
Top Picks of Best Generator for 15,000 BTU Air Conditioner
- Westinghouse WGen3600 Portable Generator (The best generator under 400)
- Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Portable Generator (The best generator under 500)
- Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator (The best generator for RV air conditioner)
- Champion 3400-Watt Portable Inverter Generator (The best quiet dual fuel generator)
- Briggs & Stratton P3000 Power Smart Series Inverter Generator
Westinghouse WGen3600 Portable Generator
- Launching Watts: 4,650 Watts
- Operating Watts: 3,600 Watt
- Running Amps: 30 amps
- Outlet: Two 5-20R 20 ampere 120-volt Outlets; One TT-30R 30 ampere 120 volt RV Outlet; One L5-30R 30 ampere 120 volt Outlet;
- Noise Level: 68 dB
- Fuel Tank Volume: 4 gallons
- Fuel-Efficient: Up to 18 hrs
- Run Time at 50% Load: 13.5 hrs.
- Product Dimensions: 23.3″ x 22.8″ x 21.3″
- Wheel Kit Included: Yes
- Engine Type OHV: 212 cc Westinghouse 4-Stroke OHV Engine
- Weight: 107 Pounds
When you are looking for a generator that can have the power you need on the road or at your home, then the Westinghouse WGen 3600 Portable Generator would be the perfect choice for you.
It comprises 4650 launching watts and 3600 operating watts, and it can efficiently run for 12 hours with 50% load and 13.5 hours with a 4-gallon gasoline fuel tank.
The WestinghouseWGen3600 has a powerful 212cc 4-stroke OHV Westinghouse Engine built with a designated iron sleeve for persistence and a fuel gauge, which makes this model a remarkably leading output option, both in times of operating power and rising power.
It has three outlets; the RV-ready TT-30R 30 ampere outlet fastens your travel wagon, keeps the air conditioner and your travel essentials running smoothly.
It comprises automated low oil shutdown, electric voltage regulation, and overload safeguard. As a result, the WestinghouseWGen3600 might be the best generator under 400 you can find in the market.
- Simple utilization
- Long-running experience
- Noiseless performance
- Run-on both Gasoline & Propane
- Long-lasting and comfortable to manage
- Push-button electric start unavailable
Champion Power Equipment 76533 4750/3800-Watt Portable Generator
- Engine Type: 224cc Champion single-cylinder OHV motor.
- Launching Watts: 4,750 Watts
- Operating Watts: 3,800 Watt
- Gasoline Running Amps: 31.7A
- Propane Running Amps: 28.5A
- Outlet: 120 volt 30 ampere RV, 120 volts 30ampere locking, two 120 volts 20-ampere household outlets.
- Sound Levels: 68dBA from 23 ft
- Oil Capacity: 0.6 qt.
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 3.4 gallons
- Propane Run Time: 10.5 at 1/2 Load (h.)
- Gasoline Run Time: 9.0 at 1/2 Load (h.)
- Dimensions: 26.3 x 24.8 x 22.9 inches
- Weight: 122 Pounds
Champion 3800-watt is a Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Generator that produces power surges up to 10.5 hours.
It contains features like electric start, and the generator also runs on both gasoline and propane. The advantages of using propane advance way ahead of its clean-burning, low ejection properties. Propane is more manageable and safer to save and deport.
It gives a 9-hour running time on gas and 10.5 hours on propane as it features intelligence, a volt protector, and innovative cold technology.
The Champion Power 3800 watt generator fits with a regular 30 ampere RV outlet, and it can instantly start and operate your 15000 BTU air conditioner.
It has a push electric start button which can start your engine efficiently. It also comprises a compact, firm steel handle that allows you to take your generator wherever you want to go.
It also has a volt guard surge protector, which prevents overloads, and it defends your tender devices from voltage spikes and power surges.
Champion 3800-watt RV Ready generator has sufficient power to launch and operate a 15000 BTU Rv air conditioner and the necessary appliances you require in a power blackout. Champion 3800-watt should be the best generator under 500.
- Fit for RV
- Launch quickly
- Strong and stable
- VoltGuard surge cover which prevents overload
- Run-on Propane and Gasoline
- Improper build quality
- Loud and noisy
Durostar DS4000S Portable Generator
- Launching watts: 4000 watts
- Operating watts: 3300 watts
- Running Amps: 27.50
- Peak Amps: 33.33
- Fuel type: Gasoline
- Fuel tank capacity: 4 gallon
- Weight: 94 pounds
- Dimensions: 24 x 17 x 17 inches
- Engine: 7.0 hp OHV 4-stroke single cylinder
- Outlets: two 120 volts 20-ampere ports & one 120 volt 30-ampere ports
- Run-time: 12.3 hrs at 50% load
- Sound Levels: 69 dBA
The Durostar DS 40000S is an elegant generator for home backup, RVs, and sporting events. It has a seven-horsepower air-cooled engine that provides 3300 launching watts and 4000 operating watts for about half the cost of portable generators in the equal position
It also features a power panel with a voltmeter, a circuit surge, and a start switch. The generator also offers 120 volts, 30-ampere outlets, and 120 volts 20-ampere outlets for huge power appliances and home devices.
The Durostar DS 40000S can run for 8 hours on a 50% load and uses 4 gallons of gas while running. It has a solid steel frame built-in with distinctive motor mounts. The generator creates less amount of sound and mutes the exhaust adequately to store it inside the garage.
Its fuel tank capacity is 4-gallon that can efficiently operate the fridge, air conditioner, Tv, and two light bulbs simultaneously for ten hours straight.
The Durostar DS 40000S might be the most silent generator available in the market. One drawback is that the generator requires 20 hours of cyclic oil exchange, but emptying the oil is challenging because the duct spout is located under the frame. Nevertheless, the Durostar DS 40000S should be the best generator for an RV air conditioner.
- Comfortable to assemble and easy handling
- Best for money
- Quiet performance
- Long-lasting and straightforward to manage
- Comfortable and easy to see the fuel gauge
- DC or 240-volt output power unavailable
- The oil capacity is not easy to locate.
- Ampere or watt meter not available.
Champion 3400-Watt Dual Fuel RV Ready Portable Inverter Generator
- Launching watts: 3400
- Operating watts: 3100
- Outlets: One 120 volt 30 ampere RV outlet, Two 120 volt 20-ampere outlets, One 12 volt USB port
- Noise Level: 59dB
- Weight: 95.7 lbs
- Fuel Type: Propane and Gas
- Dimensions: 25.1 x 17.3 x 18.3 inches
- Fuel Tank Capacity: 1.6 gals (gas)
- Engine: 192cc 4-stroke air-cooled single cylinder
- Gasoline Run Time at 1/4 Load: 7.5h
- Propane Run Time at 1/4 Load: 14.5h
- Starting Method: Manual recoil or Electric start
If you are looking for a dual fuel capability generator, the Champion 3400W portable inverter generator can be the right choice for you. It runs on both propane and gas, enabling the generator to operate for a more sustained amount of time.
This generator was designed by keeping in mind the RV lovers. It possesses a dedicated 120 volt 30 ampere RV outlet that spares you from purchasing any external adapters to plug in the generator to the travel wagon.
The generator provides 3400 watts and 3100 watts of power at your order which is plenty to operate a 15,000 BTU RV air conditioner and a few other things along with it.
The champion 3400W is elementary to handle to startup is also straightforward because of its user-friendly control panel and remote start.
At around 23 feet, this generator produces a 59 dB sound. This generator can operate for more than 7.5 with a 25% load. The Champion 3400W is the best quiet dual fuel generator you can find in the market.
- Dual-Fuel available
- Not noisy
- Easy transportation
- Electric start
- Simple switching between gas and propane
- No remote start available
- Wheels seldom get stuck on grass or uneven surfaces
Briggs & Stratton P3000 Power Smart Series Inverter Generator
- Starting Watts: 3000
- Engine Displacement: 171cc
- Run Time: 10 hours at 25% load
- Decibel: 58 dB
- Running Watts: 2600
- Running Amps: 21.7A
- Fuel Tank Capacity (gal): 1.5
- Dimensions: 26 x 14 x 21 inches
- Weight: 96 Pounds
Briggs & Stratton P3000 inverter generator is perfectly safe for delicate appliances such as laptops, phones, and gaming systems that come with inverter technology.
The fascinating feature about this generator is that it can automatically adjust the engine speed, reduce noise, fuel consumption, and emissions as it produces 59 dB sound so it can easily blend into ordinary situations.
In addition, it has a built-in LCD which exhibits the amount of energy being used, total unit hours, oil and air filter and spark plug changes. The parallel connector port hep you to connect two units to gain more power, perfect for RVs with air conditioning units.
This generator includes a multi-featured control panel having four 120 volt household outlets, one 120 volts 30-ampere locking outlet, a USB port, and a 12 volt DC battery charging outlet to run small appliances. Without any hesitation, the Briggs & Stratton P3000 is the best generator for a 15000 BTU air conditioner.
- Power start mode
- Statstation layout
- Satisfactory performance
- Excellent for RV and house backup
- Small fuel tank size
- Fuel & Oil tank design not up to the mark
Almost everyone finds it challenging to choose the best generator that goes with the RV. Unfortunately, all the best generators available in the market are primarily suitable for 15000 BTU air conditioners but not for RVs.
Some are suitable for indoor, while others come in handy for both outdoors and RVs. While purchasing a generator for 15000 BTU air conditioners, we should consider some factors that will help you buy the best generator for prolonged use.
One of the most significant factors before buying a generator is its price. No one is willing to waste their money, so we have to find such a generator which goes through our budget.
The RV lifestyle includes lots of movement. So we should choose such a generator which comes with a wheel kit and handles. The wheels will make the generator more portable and compact.
The handles will help to move the generator to your desired places quickly. The generator’s weight must be within 90-100 lbs because a heavy generator might be challenging to move.
Usually, a 15000 BTU air conditioner utilizes 1500-2000 watts of power, and sometimes some of us want to use the oven and a refrigerator with the Ac. Our demands vary from person to person, so we should select the generator to deliver the required capacity we need for our work.
The generator comes in massive shape and size, so you need someplace to store it. After verifying the amount of space you have, you can buy a generator that fits your requirement. Remember that a small size generator delivers less amount of power. It also compromises in terms of quality.
One of the essential factors to look for before buying a generator is its durability because you won’t purchase the product twice. The generator must be solid and capable of handling pressure in any situation.
If you require an RV generator of 15000, but you must be assured that it is not excessively loud for the compact model. It will be healthful to your hearings whenever you are using it.
Many generators come with dynamo power with a backdown cord, which can be unpleasant for many people to connect the electricity into the generators. Therefore, it is wise to choose a generator that comes with an electric start.
Through a push of a button, the generator can start quickly so, a generator with an electric start should be more sensible to buy.
The Portable Generator installation process should be easy, or you will face lots of difficulties. Before buying a generator, everyone should look for a model whose installation process is easy and user-friendly.
Everyone should select such a generator that gives a longer time to replenish the fuel correctly. One of the vital factors of a generator is its run time. It will help if you select such a generator that is fuel-efficient and has a longer run time.
The RV generators typically operate on diesel, propane, or gasoline. But the best generator for a 15000 BTU air conditioner runs on gasoline. Gasoline is a well-liked choice for many reasons. Besides the initial cost, the maintenance cost of a generator is also high. So gasoline should be a better choice than diesel.
Everyone looks for comfort and relaxation while traveling and camping in an RV, and having a good 15,000 BTU air conditioner and a reliable generator to operate it is necessary. After reading this article, you can efficiently choose the 5 best generators for a 15,000 btu air conditioner.
These generator options will power your 15,000 BTU air conditioner and any other RV appliances you want, ensuring you peace of mind. You have to be sure about bringing the fuel you require and organize the space for it in your sorting lists. If you need backup horsepower, a generator is forever a better idea. Just be sure that it can manage your requirements before you begin a new adventure!