Lovers of gas-powered chainsaws often fall for the amazing smooth performance as well as powerful delivery of this specific type. And not to mention, there’s no cord interfering with the whole process, which for a few people is pretty annoying.
Now yes, the best battery powered chainsaw variants do have their own sets of pros, such as being cheap, and less demanding of maintenance. And most people chose them over gas variants, because of the lightweight body. However, does that mean gas-powered chainsaws cannot be lightweight? Nope, They Can!
And we are here to tell you about 5 of the best lightweight gas chainsaw picks that could be a dream come true for users who prioritize the combination of portability and power.
- 1 Top 5 Picks – Best Lightweight Gas Chainsaw
- 2 Reviewing The Best Lightweight Gas Chainsaw Options
- 2.1 Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaw
- 2.2 SALEM MASTER 4216H 42CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chainsaw
- 2.3 WEMARS5 8cc 20 Inch Gas Chainsaw
- 2.4 Poulan Pro PR4016, 16 in. 40cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- 2.5 ECHO CS-271T 12 In. Chainsaw
- 3 How Should You Determine the Best Lightweight Gas Chainsaw Meant for Your Needs?
- 4 Wrap Up
Top 5 Picks – Best Lightweight Gas Chainsaw
- Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaw – Being able to handle logs and planks, makes this one the best Husqvarna chainsaw for firewood that also offers a comfortable grip to work without any soreness. Apart from delivering up to the mark performance, this one is also quite within budget means.
- SALEM MASTER 4216H 42CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chainsaw – Those looking for some long-term usage out of a chainsaw would appreciate this gas-powered option that also provides a fabulous handy design. It’s functional, powerful, and mostly great at giving amazing cuts.
- WEMARS5 8cc 20 Inch Gas Chainsaw – Not only is it one of the best budget chainsaw options out there but also the portability is no joke. It even shows up in a collection of professionals for the marvelous performance benefits its serves. The beast also does excellent in terms of avoiding shaky operation plus the lightweight body helps.
- Poulan Pro PR4016, 16 in. 40cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw – Because it works with nice low fuel consumption, the chainsaw is loved by professionals and homeowners equally. It’s also highly comfortable to work with. Plus, the way it handles backyard tiny trees as well as limbs, makes it one of the many good gas models out there.
- ECHO CS-271T 12 In. Chainsaw – Anyone who needs a regularly usable gas-powered chainsaw will prefer to for its less weight and at the same time powerful performance scheme. It’s great at conducting smaller projects too such as minor limbs cutting and pruning.
Reviewing The Best Lightweight Gas Chainsaw Options
If you really want to choose a good option, make sure to go through the complete reviews of these 5 picks that we have tried to come up with including both their good and bad sides. Hopefully, it will help you somewhat at figuring out your own best pick.
Husqvarna 120 Mark II 16 in. Gas Chainsaw
- 4 kW of power output.
- 9,000 RPM of max speed.
- 2 cm³ of cylinder displacement.
- 428 g/kWh of fuel consumption.
- 5 mm of electrode gap.
- Champion RCJ7Y of the spark plug.
- 16 inches of bar length.
Are you looking for the best chainsaw for cutting down trees and similar tasks? Or want to cut light-duty limbs and branches with a chainsaw that has excellent cutting performance? Then, the Husqvarna 120 Mark II will be your work soulmate. It contains 16 inches of bar that lets you get smooth cutting.
It is also probably the best Husqvarna chainsaw for firewood, hardwood, and so on. This chainsaw includes easy to grip handle. It is also suitable for cutting logs and planks.
And, this saw is pretty affordable plus reliable. Even if it takes slightly long time to start on, this saw has a variable power trigger that adds to the process and makes it pretty simple.
Also, this chainsaw is gas-powered. It has a 300 cm3 fuel tank, safety brake, air purge, and so on. This chainsaw is overall great and amazingly simple to handle.
- Easy to assemble.
- Dependable and strong engine.
- The bar and chain are lightweight.
- Safe and efficient system.
- Simple to carry.
- This chainsaw needs pulling the cord to start.
SALEM MASTER 4216H 42CC 2-Cycle Gas Powered Chainsaw
- 9 HP of engine speed.
- 42cc of engine displacement.
- 8,500 RPM of idling speed.
- 260 ml of oil tank capacity.
- 550 ml of tank capacity.
- 2-cycle gas power source.
- Ideal for garden and ranch.
For those of you who want the best chainsaw under 500 dollars with a powerful gas-powered system, the SALEM MASTER 4216H is a nice one to look at. It contains a 1.9 HP of the engine to idle for up to 8,500 RPM.
Thanks to its low-kickback setup, this saw is the best chainsaw for homeowner to cut down firewood and small trees. It also has higher efficiency and fast cutting capacity.
It is also the best gas chain saw for great safety. This saw is very light that let both women and men hold it comfortably. We also find it very handy for long-term usage.
With a nice design, this chainsaw has an engine ON/OFF button and starting knob for functionality. By and large, it is a good choice for decently powerful performance needers.
- Easy to use.
- Light in weight.
- Simple to maneuver.
- Fine quality and durability.
- Deliver plenty of power.
- The chainsaw brake feels fragile due to its plastic construction.
WEMARS5 8cc 20 Inch Gas Chainsaw
- 58cc of chainsaw displacement.
- 4 HP of a powerful motor.
- 8,500 RPM of chain speed.
- 20 inches of bar length.
- 325 inches of chain pitch.
- 25:1 ratio of the fuel mix.
- 058 inches of chain gauge.
When it comes to the best lightweight gas chainsaw for professional jobs, most people find the WEMARS5 8cc 20 Inch suitable for this purpose. It is a mixture of portable and high-performance to take down larger trees in a minute.
Not only it contains a powerful motor but also offers low kickback features. This chainsaw is able to cut down most types of limbs, logs, and planks at ease.
Besides, the chain brake of it is very simple to pull. And, unlike others, it is designed with an aluminum starter cover that performs better compared to a plastic one.
We are in love with this chainsaw for its handle and weight that let you hold it well without making an accidental shake. In short, this chainsaw is perfect for cutting most types of wood.
- Affordable pricing.
- Good for beginners.
- Powerful engine performance.
- Doesn’t make vibration when using it.
- Nice outline and grip.
- This chainsaw cord needs adjustment for starting it smoothly.
Poulan Pro PR4016, 16 in. 40cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- Included 2 stroke engine.
- 40cc of engine displacement.
- Contain 16 inches of bar length.
- Ideal for light to medium branches.
- 40 cm³ of cylinder displacement.
- Standard handle type.
- EPA compliant.
Perhaps you want the best light duty chainsaw that contains 16 inches bar length. If so, the Poulan Pro PR4016 is a nice choice for non-professional users. It is made for cutting firewood and small branches.
It is the best chainsaw for firewood with 20% lower fuel consumption. This chainsaw also includes an anti-vibration handle that lets you control and run the bar with no mishap.
Want to know the coolest part? This chainsaw includes an automatic chain oiler that reduces the chances of corroding. Besides, it has a SuperClean air filter system to remove dust at ease.
In fact, this saw is comfortable to work with. Even if it is not for heavy-duty roles, this saw is a nice machine that lets you cut backyard small trees and limbs well.
- Stop fatigue and vibration.
- Simple to operate.
- Good for the bucks.
- Reduce emission and rust.
- Reliable and light in weight.
- Not built for heavy-duty jobs.
ECHO CS-271T 12 In. Chainsaw
- 12 inches of bar length.
- 9cc of engine displacement.
- Contain 5.4 fl oz oil capacity tank.
- Made with hard plastic.
- Digital ignition system included.
- Double-Guard 91 bar type.
- i-30™ starting system.
This chainsaw is gas-powered that lets you work on most kinds of woods with easy starting. It is the best small chainsaw and thanks to its 12 inches bar that cuts tiny limbs easily. This saw is also very useful for garden duties.
It is possibly the best chainsaw for hardwood that are not too thick. Also due to its razor-sharp bar that rips small-sized branches. With the G-Force 2-stroke engine, this saw runs smoothly and fast.
Apart from these, we love its side-access chain tensioner that lets you adjust the chain fitment easily. The throttle lock option is handy to use as well.
And, it is both powerful and low-weighted for daily works. The construction of this saw is dependable for long-term usage. Overall, it is a good option for cutting minor pruning and limbs.
- Simple to control.
- Durable construction.
- Fine cutting capacity.
- Easy to start on.
- Good for cutting limbs.
- This chainsaw has a bit confusing outline.
How Should You Determine the Best Lightweight Gas Chainsaw Meant for Your Needs?
Even if these are the top picks out there, you cannot blindly pick one without weighing them up with your requirements or needs. And that phase sometimes can be confusing if you don’t know what factors make a chainsaw actually suitable for a certain person.
This segment is dedicated to all those folks who are a bit confused about how to determine their ideal lightweight gas chainsaw.
The Power Matters
Gas chainsaws that are heavy in weight usually come with the immense power that this variant is majorly famous for. However, when you look at the small models with less weight, the power or motor isn’t meant for very heavy-duty tasks. So, keep in mind that part.
However, even with less weight, some models are able to provide decent powerful performance to handle materials well. The good one should come with higher revolutions per minute to make sure the generated power is able to deal with medium-sized projects.
About The Chainsaw Bar
It also gets referred to as guide bar sometimes. This part is basically where the chains are meant to run around. And in lightweight gas chainsaws, you should ensure a chainsaw bar size of 12 to 14 inches.
Having a bit short bar is sometimes preferable because that helps in adding maneuverability. If you are getting a 12-inch bar chainsaw, it should be able to get through a 12-inch tree.
If you are dreaming of the best chainsaw under 400 dollars that’s going to be a gas type, then you’re more likely to get disappointed. Because in that price range, getting cordless variants that are worth the price is possible.
But in the case of gas chainsaws, these are more powerful and somewhat complexly designed to handle complicated workloads compared to the cordless option.
However, the good news is, the lightweight gas options are usually not as expensive as a bulky heavy-duty project-focused gas chainsaw. So, you are still going to spend comparatively less.
Then again, don’t fall for traps of models that promise too good to be true offerings at an unpractical price tag. Usually, these are made really poor and won’t last you a decent time period causing you to spend more in the long run.
As Less as Possible Vibration Related Issue
With gas-powered chainsaw, it’s quite obvious that a certain amount of vibration is almost unavoidable. However, you can still look for models that focus on ensuring somewhat stabilization while working with it. Maybe not completely, but there will be less vibration disturbing the process, and for a comfortable grip that much is necessary.
There are different mechanisms that various gas models use for chain adjustment. If you can manage one with tool-free adjustment, it’ll be the best. However, there’s also wrench or screwdriver included options that are pretty fine to get. Automatic chain oilers, by the way, are a huge relief.
And on that note, our hunt for the best lightweight gas chainsaw ends here. Do we have a favorite, yes! And it’s the WEMARS5 8cc 20 Inch Gas Chainsaw.
It being portable enough with a powerful engine to get through decently large trees, makes it an optimal choice for both experts and non-professionals.
It’s okay if you are still not sure about which gas chainsaw to go for. Take some time and explore a bit more. Maybe sit down and make your list of features that you specifically want to see in your future chainsaw. That way making a choice will become easier and a lot less confusing. Best Of Luck on That!
Leave a Reply