Are you looking for Delta 18-900L 18-Inch laser drill press review? Don’t worry. You are at the right place. If you have been thinking about buying a drill press, then from this review, you will be able to know your required answers.
A woodworking person needs a drill press for his work. Can I ask you that are you a woodworker? Actually drill presses are essential for a woodworker.
Drill presses are necessary for a shopkeeper. Shopkeepers store drill press for selling. Nowadays, many people search online for buying drill press. There are a lot of users who search drill press online.
You are now in online service spot. We are here to help you. Now I am writing for you about drill press review. Do you know why do I want to write? Because, you will be able to know why I am informing you about this drill press.
I know that you are eager to know about this drill press. Am I right? If I am not right, so it will be right that you searched Delta 18-900L 18-Inch laser drill press review. Now I think it is the right answer. Okay !. Actually we know that this is not the main fact.
Our main topic is about drill press. You are thinking yourself that the lecture is going too long. Not really. If you want to know all the information about this drill press. Then you have to read my full content with full attention.
If you pay your full attention. Then you will be able to know all the information about one of the best drill press in the market. So let’s get started and be ready to gather more knowledge.
Delta 18-900L 18-Inch Laser Drill Press Review
If you are going to buy a drill press, I suggest you to read Delta 18-900L 18-Inch laser drill press review. The Delta 18-900L drill Press is a floor-mounted woodworking drill press.
It has a heavy-duty 3/4 HP motor for powerful drilling. This drill press is an auto-tensioning belt drive system for easy speed changes. It makes easy work while maximizing transmission efficiency. This drill has 16 speeds for use for a variety of drilling.
The worktable width and depth is 20 x 14 inches. The worktable lets you raise and lower it easily to the desired work height. It is plus point that the worktable adjustment makes your work easy and comfortable. It allows accurate drilling.
The Delta 18-900L drill press also has full 6-inch quill stroke for deeper drilling applications. It is the best in class capacity. It’s micro-adjustable depth stops and an independent depth scale allow you to set it up for repetitive drilling in just seconds.
LED light and bevel
The non-tip cast iron base gives you some reassurance that you have excellent stability while working. It has an LED lamp that illuminates the work surface for enhanced visibility.
Adjustable laser lines help to mark. The LED light facility remove our work hazard. Work surface is illuminated and we can work easily and feel comfortable.
This drill press features a patented design and can bevel from 0 to 90 degrees. It can tilt forward from 0 to 48 degrees, left and right. Delta 18-900L was met with positive user reactions. Just like we expected.
The users are calling it one of the best floor drill press in the market. They’re saying that this drill design is better. There are no issues or frustration when working with the drill.
Usually, we like to get a warranty from any products, don’t we? This drill press offers you 5-years official warranty. What good news this is! By giving the warranty this brand proved that this drill press is good. Actually, this warranty is very important for a buyer.
Because you will be able to repair this drill press if it got damaged. Generally, a good product is not damaged easily. We face this trouble after long years. But there are no reasons to worry. Because we have a chance to repair it with a guarantee facility.
Features of Delta 18-900l
- This drill press has 16 speeds for drilling in a variety of materials. We always expect good speed empowerment for our work.
- It provides a full 16 drilling speeds (170-3000 rpm).
- This drill press has a feature that auto-tensioning belt drive system. It allows for fast and easy speed on your work
- There are also full 6-inch quill stroke for deeper drilling applications.
- Two important points that micro-adjustable depth stops and independent depth scale. These allow the users to zero the scale and set up to repetitive drilling quickly and easily.
- This drill press is fully adjustable for your work.
- It has an LED lamp that illuminates the work surface for enhanced visibility.
- Oversized woodworker’s table bevels 0-90 degrees left and right.
- Worktable dimension is 20 by 70 by 28 inches. 5/8″ key chuck capacity.
- Backed by a five-year warranty.
- Model: Delta 18-900L
- Size: 18 Inch.
- Motor: 3/4 HP.
- Speeds: 16 (170-3000)
- Dimension: 28 x 20 x 70 inches
- Table size: 20 inch by 14 inches.
- Height: 70 Inches.
- Width: 20 Inches.
- Depth: 28 Inches.
- Quill Stroke: 6 inches.
- Chuck capacity: 5/8 inches.
- Weight: 240 Pounds.
- Voltage: 120v
- Power source: corded-electric.
- Color: Silver.
- Fully adjustable Twin Laser.
- The machine operates quietly.
- Auto-tension belt driving system.
- 12-month financing available.
- 16 possible speeds to choose from.
- Improved level of precision that people enjoy.
- The machine operates quietly.
- Competitively priced and often found at a discount.
- 6-inch quill stroke.
- 120-volt capacity.
- 5-year warranty.
- It does not come with a fence.
- While the extra mild is on, the laser may be a task to see.
- The laser and LED light sometimes can dwindle out. That can make the laser pinpoint difficult to see.
- Sometimes you may face trouble with the spindle return spring adjustment.
- Has a big risk of having faulty components on shipping.
- As this may require removing the belt, it can be wearisome at time.
Where is this drill press machine made?
Answer: It is made in China.
Is it better than other drills?
Answer: Yes, this is better than most other drills.
How is this drill press powered?
Answer: It is electric and corded motor.
What is the amperage of the motor?
Answer: 8 amp.
Do you need to change belts to change speed?
Answer: Yes. You do have to change belts to change speeds.
Does this machine have a quill lock?
Answer: Yes. It does.
How big is the chuck?
Answer: It’s big. At least a half an inch.
The delta 18-900L 18-inch laser drill press review is helpful and useful. If you are looking to use this drill press for purpose, that is basic woodwork and minor metalwork. Although it works just as well with metal.
Even though it may not be the cheapest option out there. The Delta is certainly worth every cent of its price. It is one of the best drill press in the market. Perfectly suitable for both light and industrial application. It is an efficient, long-lasting product.
There are more powerful drill presses out there but this does the job very well. It comes with a 5-years warranty and it’s very safe to buy. That’s all for today. Thanks for reading The delta 18-900L18-inch laser drill press review.