An air purifier removes pollutants from the air. But a question may arise do air purifiers work for allergies?
First of all, let me give you a brief description of an air purifier. An air purifier is a device that purifies the air. It is used to remove harmful pollutants from the environment. The air purifiers can remove airborne pollutants. Pollutants are such as dust, toxin, bacteria, odor, etc. It protects us from all these pollutants.
Do air purifiers really help with allergies? Yes, the air purifier can remove up to 99 percent of airborne pollutants. They can also remove allergens. Thus keeping our air allergens free and safe for breathing. And after buying the best air purifiers for allergies you will get an allergens-free space and a healthy air environment.
- 1 What is an air purifier made of?
- 2 How does an air purifier work?
- 3 Various types of filters can be found in present markets. But most usable one is:
- 4 Some air purifying procedure followed by the air purifiers to purifier air are:
- 5 Three types of air purifiers or cleaners use electrical attraction.
- 6 Benefits of the air purifiers:
- 7 Do air purifiers work for allergies?
- 8 Do air purifiers work for pet allergens?
- 9 Do air purifiers really remove allergen?
- 10 What are the best air purifiers for allergies?
- 11 What is a better humidifier or air purifier?
- 12 What are better air purifiers or dehumidifiers?
- 13 How to choose an air purifier?
- 14 How long does an air purifier work?
- 15 Should air purifier run all day?
What is an air purifier made of?
An air purifier consists of filters and a fan. The filter of the purifier traps the harmful pollutants. Thus fresh air comes out of the fan of the air purifier. A high percentage of airborne pollutants are trapped inside the filter.
How does an air purifier work?
The air purifiers follow a simple mechanism. The filter traps the pollutants. And the fan circulates the fresh air. The filter with the finer sieve can trap smaller pollutants. The air purifier design varies from manufacturer to manufacturer. Some filters have advanced features like a sensor, timer. The air purifiers filter needs frequent replacement as they come in different types. Some filters of some purifiers can be washed and reused.
Various types of filters can be found in present markets. But most usable one is:
- High-efficiency particulate arrestance filter or HEPA :
The HEPA filter can remove airborne particles of 0.3 micrometers. It can remove up to 99 percent of pollutants and chemicals. This filter is very good for the removal of dust.
- HVAC filter:
HVAC filter mainly removes larger particles. The MERV rating of this filter at 14 or above can remove larger pollutants from 0.3 micrometers. This filter removes pollutants at a rate of 75 percent.
Some air purifying procedure followed by the air purifiers to purifier air are:
- Ultraviolet germicidal irradiation.
- Activated carbon.
- Polarized media.
- Photocatalytic oxidation.
- Ionizer purifier.
- Immobilized cell technology.
- Ozone generators.
- Titanium dioxide.
- Thermodynamic sterilization.
- Photoelectrochemical oxidation.
Some air purifiers also use electrical attraction for the purification of the air.
Three types of air purifiers or cleaners use electrical attraction.
- Electrostatic precipitation cleaners.
- Electric filters
- Negative ion generator..
Are you still curious? Still thinking do air really purifiers works?
If yes, then no need to worry. Air purifiers are the best thing you can buy to keep your house’s air clean. Per-minute human inhales and exhales about 7 to 8 liters of air. That means 420 liters to 480 liters per hour! Quite fascinating! Is not it? Now can you imagine if the air is polluted, then how much pollution we are inhaling? The sum of this is horrifying! But here air purifier comes as a solution to all our problems. The air purifiers are our best defense against these indoor pollutants. They trap up to 99 percent of pollutants. For asthma or allergens, air purifiers are really useful.
Benefits of the air purifiers:
- Huge loads of dust circulating all the time. This creates an allergic reaction to some people. But the air purifier removes all the harmful pollutants and dust from the air. Thus creates a safe air for safe breathing.
- If your sweet home smells stinky, no worries! You can use air purifiers to remove all kinds of odors, smells, and of course not to mention dust and allergens.
- Do any of your loved ones smoke? Does it make your house smelly? But also you can’t say anything to them! The air purifiers come here to your rescue! It neutralizes the smoke and smells. Thus circulates fresh air.
- The air purifiers remove 99 percent of germs and bacteria from the air. They keep your family and loved ones from getting sick from microbiological pollutants.
Allergens are everywhere. It can be found in beds, pillows, floors, pets, everywhere. So, you need an air purifier or humidifier for allergies for reducing allergy symptoms and improve the health of your family members.
Are you frustrated with allergens?
Are you thinking, How can I make my home allergy-free?
An Air purifier can remove any types of airborne allergens from the air. And makes your home air safe for breathing.
Do air purifiers work for allergies?
You may also ask “do HEPA filters remove allergens”? Actually, the HEPA filter of an air purifier reduces allergens we have known from the above title about air purifier benefits for allergens. Allergies can be caused by dust, mold, pet dander, and other microbiological particles. Allergens cause irritation, sneezing, etc. Allergen is a common problem faced by people. Allergens can cause respiratory problems.
List of some common allergens are :
- Dust Mites.
- Animal dander.
Above allergens can be really problematic to our daily lives. They create some problems like:
- Runny nose.
- Sore throat.
HEPA air purifiers can trap these home allergens and solves all our all problems. A UV light of air purifiers kills up to 99.97 percent of germs and bacteria. Thus also killing the allergens!
Do air purifiers work for pet allergens?
Do you have a lovely pet in your house? Does your pet is allergenic? If your pet has allergens, you can stop being allergic to pets and click here to know ” Do air purifiers work for pet allergies?”
The air purifiers can help you with that! The air purifiers remove pet dander from the air. So, you don’t get allergies from your pet anymore! Now you can happily create a strong bond with your pet without any worries.
Do air purifiers really remove allergen?
Yes, From my own experience, I can say air purifiers remove allergens. It also can remove other pollutants and contaminants.
I used to suffer from allergies a lot. But then one of my friends suggested using air purifiers.
Now I almost do not have any allergy issues at home!
What are the best air purifiers for allergies?
Different air purifiers have different filters. Before buying air purifiers check which filter you are buying. It is the filter that removes dust, odors, smokes or bacteria.
The air purifier filter used to remove allergens are:
An air purifier with this filter works great for airborne pollutants. They can trap up to 99 percent of 0.3 micrometers of size particles.
This filter is also known as an ionizer. This filter attracts pollutants electrostatically. This filter is three times efficient than other filters.
Activated Carbon filter:
This filter is also known as the Charcoal filter. This filter absorbs chemicals or gases. It then neutralizes them.
UV-C light filter:
This filter uses ultraviolet light as it’s a weapon. And then it attacks pollutants and contaminants. It then kills them and keeps the air safe for breathing.
What is a better humidifier or air purifier?
An air purifier removes dust spores, pet dander, toxin and so many other things from the air. It traps and kills germs and bacteria.
But the humidifier does not get rid of these things. Rather if the humidity level is too high, it may increase pollutants and contaminants.
So, for allergies, Air purifiers are the only possible best option.
What are better air purifiers or dehumidifiers?
Dehumidifier only reduces dust mites and growth of molds. But, Air purifier works for dust, bacteria, germs, smoke, smell, animal dander, etc.
So, definitely air purifier is the better option. Not only better, but it’s also the best!
How to choose an air purifier?
Air purifiers come in different sizes, prices, and features. Before buying an air purifier choose the right type of purifier for your rooms. As different room sizes may need different types of purifiers. Especially for allergies keep below important factors in mind:
- HEPA filter for dust removal.
- UV-C light filter for killing germs.
- An activated carbon filter for removing gaseous pollutants.
- Enough air volume.
- Replacement costs of filters.
- The clean-air-delivery rate(CADR) rating must be at least 300 or above 350.
How long does an air purifier work?
Keep running your air purifiers for 24 hours to remove airborne particles. An Air purifier requires 30 minutes to 2 hours to remove pollutants. Air purifiers must clean the room 5 times in an hour.
Should air purifier run all day?
Yes, 24 hours. Keep your air purifier ON all day if you are at home. As dust always circulates all the time, so air purifiers must be kept ON all day.
But the sad truth is that for running air purifiers all day can cost huge electricity expanse. So, keep the air purifier running when you are at home.
I hope you have got your answer to do air purifiers work for allergies. The best option to keep the house clean and free from allergens is to use an air purifier.
Stay safe and Heathy!