Ryobi has made a name by providing some of the most fabulous chainsaws for a number of cutting chores. From having firewood prepared with a few excellent options to also providing an effective solution for standard woodworking practices.
There’s a reason why Ryobi chainsaws are always going to be included in many fanatics’ favorite chainsaws list. Out of all the variants, one line that got a great amount of love from all over the world is the 18v motor model.
Today we have decided to tell you about a few excellent picks that are great for what they’ve got. It’s going to be an interesting Ryobi 18v chainsaw review piece to read, are you excited to join us?
- 1 Before Entering the Ryobi 18V Chainsaw Review – Sneak Peek of Our Top 3 Picks
- 2 The Best Ryobi 18V Chainsaw Review Segment
- 2.1 Ryobi P547 10 in. ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium+ Cordless Chainsaw Kit
- 2.2 Ryobi ONE+ 12 in. 18-Volt Brushless Lithium-Ion Electric Cordless Chainsaw
- 2.3 Ryobi ONE+ 10 in. 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw
- 2.4 (Bonus Pick) Ryobi 18 inch 38cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- 3 What Are the Important Factors to Grab the Best Ryobi Chainsaw?
- 4 Overall Thoughts
Before Entering the Ryobi 18V Chainsaw Review – Sneak Peek of Our Top 3 Picks
- Ryobi P547 10 in. ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium+ Cordless Chainsaw Kit – There are tons of Ryobi cordless chainsaw review already praising this excellent battery-operated mechanism that will greatly help arborists mainly. It’s the best light duty chainsaw from the brand that also allows zero movement or shaking issues. Not to mention how well flexible it is plus the user-friendliness is fantastic too.
- Ryobi ONE+ 12 in. 18-Volt Brushless Lithium-Ion Electric Cordless Chainsaw – Just like the first one, there are quite a few Ryobi 12 inch chainsaw review that already explains why this model specifically is the best electric chainsaw providing amazing results with demanding cuts. There’re also zero rust worries coming along. The body construction is another wonderful part that is very sturdy and amazingly protected.
- Ryobi ONE+ 10 in. 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw – This one is the best small chainsaw from Ryobi that feels super compact to store and lightweight to comfortably work with. Because of the design, it’s also quite easy to balance as well as control. There’s also a strong battery coming along. And there’s more that we will be talking about in the below Ryobi 18v chainsaw review
- (Bonus Pick) Ryobi 18 inch 38cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw – If you are interested in a ryobi model that basically comes with zero crack or splinter issue, look no further than this. It’s not only designed very well to comfortably fit in your grip but also, you’ll find it relatively easy to stop in terms of immediate need. There is also no fatigue from long hours of work with this.
The Best Ryobi 18V Chainsaw Review Segment
From this point, we basically enter the Ryobi chainsaw review segment. It’s time you find out a bit more deeply about each of these Ryobi models. Who knows one out of these four could be the potential chainsaw you are looking for?
Ryobi P547 10 in. ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium+ Cordless Chainsaw Kit
- 10 inches of blade and chain.
- Variable speed throttle.
- Push-button lubricator included.
- 3 years of warranty protection.
- 5 AH lithium battery included.
- 5 lbs. weight point.
Perhaps you want the best chainsaw for cutting down trees, branches, shrubs, and so on that would be ideal for arborists. If so, the Ryobi P547 is an efficient chainsaw. It also includes 10 inches of blade and chain that let you get smooth and clean cutting performance.
In case of the working, it is one of the best battery powered chainsaw with a push-button lubricator so that you can click on it to oil the bar and chain. This chainsaw also lets you work on the garden or field for up to 60-90 minutes nonstop.
And, we love its nice cutting strength that doesn’t shake or moves from its place during use. It is also very silent that won’t cause a disturbance.
To sum it up, this chainsaw is light, flexible, and user-friendly. It is also suitable for limbing and pruning small to mid-sized trees at ease.
- Easy to control.
- Light in weight.
- Strong battery life.
- Simple to store.
- Good for limbing and pruning.
- This chainsaw takes a lot of time while cutting larger shrubs.
Ryobi ONE+ 12 in. 18-Volt Brushless Lithium-Ion Electric Cordless Chainsaw
- 12 inches of bar and chain.
- Automatic chain oiler.
- Tool-less chain tensioning.
- 3/8 inches of chain pitch.
- 043 inches of chain gauge.
- Included 45 drive links.
Have you been looking for the best chainsaw for hardwood, trees, shrubs, and other varieties of branches? If so, this chainsaw will do the job well. Thanks to its 12 inches of bar and chain, you can pretty easily get demanding cuts on most types of material with no struggle.
It comes with a tensioning system that let you loosen or tighten the chain at ease. We as well find the chain pitch and gauge of this chainsaw perfect.
And also, it contains an oiler system that is automatic to let you use the bar and chain for a long period of time with no rust issue. This thing also ensures safer application.
On the whole, this chainsaw is a nice choice for woodworkers thanks to its sturdy and protected body construction.
- Compact and low-weighted.
- Easy to hold.
- Doesn’t vibrate or shake.
- Reduce maintenance struggle.
- Safe to use.
- Sadly, this chainsaw makes noise when running.
Ryobi ONE+ 10 in. 18-Volt Lithium-Ion Cordless Chainsaw
- 10 inches of bar and chain.
- 3/8 inches of chain pitch.
- 043 inches of chain gauge.
- 40 drive links included.
- Rear-side handle type,
- 7 lbs. torque.
When you want the best budget chainsaw that contains 38.7 torque with a brushless motor for ripping harder woods, then it’s time to stop looking. The Ryobi ONE+ P546A will be your finest bet. It is not only good for home projects but also does a great job to complete pro-level tasks.
Designed with a strong battery, this chainsaw lets users get the nicest cuts for pruning small to mid-sized trees at ease. And also, it is very easy to balance and control thanks to its adjustable handle.
Even if it is not a suitable tool for larger projects, this chainsaw is able to give 2X speed while ripping shrubs. It is one of the best chainsaw for firewood, hardwood, branches, and so on.
In general, we love its compact and light body that lets you cut materials without using a lot of effort. And, it is simple to maneuver and handle.
- Less kickback and wobble.
- Comfortable to hold.
- Powerful motor.
- Sharp blade for precision.
- Good chainsaw for cutting trees.
- This chainsaw is not for larger cutting projects
(Bonus Pick) Ryobi 18 inch 38cc 2-Cycle Gas Chainsaw
- 18 inches of bar and chain.
- Included a carrying bag
- Powerful 38cc engine.
- Featured anti-vibrating handle.
- Adjustable automatic oiler.
- Side-access chain tensioner.
We decided to include a gas-powered Ryobi chainsaw because this one definitely needs a shout-out. With a powerful 38cc motor, the Ryobi 18 inch is definitely one of the best gas chain saw for cutting hardwood, plywood, and other materials easily. It is not only efficient in performance but also ensure fast operation for most type of cutting jobs.
And, this chainsaw includes a nicely designed anti-vibrating handle so that you can comfortably hold it with no fatigue issue. Plus, it let you get straight cuts without causing splitter or crack on the wood material.
Thanks to its inertia-activated chain brake, you can pretty easily stop the ripping chain automatically. Even if it takes time to start, the overall 2-cycle system in the chainsaw is powerful.
In short, this chainsaw is one of the best lightweight gas chainsaw for ripping projects. It is also good for limbing and trimming with no rotational kickbacks.
- Excellent handle.
- Strong and powerful motor.
- Good chainsaw for firewood.
- Easy to use.
- Portable and compact.
- Some claim this chainsaw takes a lot of time to start.
What Are the Important Factors to Grab the Best Ryobi Chainsaw?
After you’ve read the Ryobi 18V chainsaw review segment, you could be having a preferable pick. But wait a bit more. Read out a few factors that definitely plays a quite important role in terms of choosing a suitable chainsaw for use. We will be breaking them down right below.
Must Include Some Safety Features Especially For Kickbacks
Modern-day chainsaws are well designed and planned with all the essential features generally. However even with certain kickback protection and good chain brakes, sometimes you can still fall in a terrible situation. It’s for sure pretty dangerous equipment, that you don’t want to completely be careless of. Having safety features just cuts down the fear to some extent.
And the first part of safety should focus on reducing kickbacks efficiently. It could be a chain break or even a bar tip guard. Chainsaws that provide such safety mechanisms usually possess less risk. Beginners should consider the low-profile chains or even semi-child options. Because these are better at reducing kickback.
Also, you should consider investing in proper protective wear including eye goggles, heavy-duty gloves, and helmets. Don’t solely depend on the safety features provided in the chainsaw.
Easy To Hold, Handle & Carry
If you are planning to use the chainsaw for a good long hour, then something heavy should not be in your preference list. Of course, it must be enough lightweight so that you can manage it in your hand holding it for that long time. This will also make room for the portability of the chainsaw.
Next, the grip will be something you want to pay attention to. Thicker handles are known for giving a comfortable grasp. And that’s because the broad edges feel nice when comes in contact with the hand. Rubber handle surfaces are pretty grippy as well as provide enough padding.
Oil for the chain and bar is important for your chainsaw to run properly and it’s something the unity won’t be able to survive without for a long time. Having the flexibility of an automatic oiler seems to be the best route. However, some also prefer manual oilers. It actually depends on your working preference, so we would suggest you think about it according to your chores.
Time to call it a day already! We have tried to provide you some great cordless 18v options in this Ryobi 18v chainsaw review guide. Plus, a little surprise recommendation on an excellent gas model. Now it’s your turn to sum everything up and make a choice.
If you ask us, we would surely go with the Ryobi P547 10 in. ONE+ 18-Volt Lithium+ Cordless Chainsaw Kit. The 10-inch bar and chain would be enough for getting done small to medium-sized projects that include tree limning and pruning as well. And not to mention the battery that gives a great 60 to 90 minutes of run time. The clean cuts and smooth performance are also great reasons for picking it.
Don’t feel hesitate if you have another model in your mind. All three of these battery operation variants from Ryobi do an excellent job at being great chainsaws. Listen to your instincts more than anyone else, because you will know better which one would work best for your projects. Good Luck!