It is time to provide you wen 4225 drill press review. You will find your answers in this article, okay? There are tons and tons of drill press in amazon and you are not finding honest reviews.
Aren’t you finding all the information about wen 4225 drill press?
Hope’s not out! Because I have gathered all the info after doing my usual research. So, I am delighted because I am able to provide you an honest review.
But wait for a second…
Why do you need this drill press review anyway? Are you home or professional user? Well, if you are a regular DIY worker then I am sure it is for you.
Well, Amazon is no help to provide you all the description nicely about wen 4225 drill press. But, there is no need to worry though. Keep your eyes open and pay your attention to this article.
Finally, you are gonna read this product description! I am excited for you, seriously! Aren’t you?
I don’t want to prolong my intro. So, why don’t we dive into the info?
At a Glance
Why don’t we have a look at this infographic and get a good idea about the wen 4225 drill press review in an instant…
- 1 Product description
- 1.1 Mechanical Variable speed with motor
- 1.2 Spindle Travel
- 1.3 Beveling work table
- 1.4 Cast iron base
- 1.5 15-inch swing and 4-inch stroke
- 1.6 5/8 inch keyed chuck
- 1.7 Flexible worklight
- 1.8 Depth Adjustment Gauge
- 1.9 Precision Laser
- 1.10 Digital Speed Readout
- 1.11 Features
- 1.12 Specifications
- 1.13 Pros
- 1.14 Cons
- 1.15 FAQ
- 2 Conclusion
You know that wen 4225 drill press comes with 8.6-amp. Also, it is a floor-standing drill press. Moreover, this drill press size is 15-inch. Again, it is adjustable with the variable speed. It can deliver speed anywhere from 280 RPM to 3300 RPM. This drill is a solid one.
You should remember that this drill press is quite powerful. It comes with a full 4-inches of stroke capacity. The stroke allows you to drill through materials up to 4-inches thick.
WEN 4225 drill press offers a 5/8-inch keyed chuck. The chuck with morse#2 spindle taper accepts bits anywhere from 1/12 to 5/8-inches in size.
Oh, yes! I got a great idea!!
If I describe step by step all important issue about this drill press. Then I think you will be able to understand better about wen 4225 drill press review.
So, let us get started and explain to you step by step all the matter in detail. Let us read then what is given below.
Mechanical Variable speed with motor
This wen 4225 drill press has a 6.8 Amp motor. This 6.8-AMP motor has strong power and capacity to work. It can last a long time. It has a full 4-3/4 inches of stroke capacity. Also, this motor delivers reliable performance across 12 variable speeds. The motor allows you to drill through materials up to 4-inches thick. Even, you won’t need to constantly check whether the drill press is working at your selected speed. Also, the motor does not under perform in any overheating conditions. Even, the motor can work fine with hardwood, softwood, metal, plastic and more.
This wen drill press comes with a large spindle travel. Also, it is designed with three tall and strong spindles. This spindle will help you to get a variety of speed settings. Also, it helps you to change the speed according to your need. This spindle is not very tight. It provides a smooth operation to increase flexibility during drilling. Spindle travel helps you to make holes through a 4×4 board that has never been easier for you. So, it is an important part of this drill press.
Beveling work table
You know that the dimension of the worktable is 12 x 12-inches. This worktable is made of cast iron. It can swivel to 45 degrees for perfect adjustment with the workpieces. Here the advantage is, you can change in any one direction to make it easy for drilling. It is an important part of this drill that allows you to make precision holes.
Cast iron base
You can see on the picture given above. In this drill press,you can see the cast iron base. It is the most important part of this drill press and for your work. The sturdy cast iron base prevents wobbling or vibrating during drilling operations. Also, it prevents unnecessary or unintentional holing in the floor.
15-inch swing and 4-inch stroke
This drill press has 15-inch swing and 4-inch stroke. When you are drilling to make holes, you have to use your hand. You can drill directly through the center of a circle measuring up to 15-inches in diameter and 4-inches in thickness. This is thanks to the swing and stroke.
5/8 inch keyed chuck
You can see the chuck in this drill. The chuck size is 5/8 inches. It is for making holes. The chuck can make holes of 4-3/4 inch. The chuck and the diameter in this drill is very impressive. Because you do not have to repeat your task to make the hole deeper. So, it is really awesome for drilling holes.
It is good news that the wen 4225 has brought a wonderful laser light. The laser light focuses on the exact point of drilling. The light illuminates your workpiece during drilling operations. Also, you can use it in all weather conditions. Because the worktable of this drill press is made of weatherproof cast iron and offers a stronghold.
Depth Adjustment Gauge
You should set the depth adjustment gauge. It is for limiting your spindle travel for accurate and repeatable drilling operations.
A precision laser point is the most noticeable point for you. You will see the laser point on your worktable. The laser pointer makes sure that you are getting an effortless drilling operations. Also, the laser light specifies you the exact spot that the bit will travel through during drilling. Moreover, you have to turn on the laser pointer to create your target center holes. Besides, ensure that the right place is determined for making holes.
Digital Speed Readout
Digital speed readout is the most important point. Because the LED screen displays the current speed of the drill press. And it is for you to know the exact RPM at every moment.
- The wen 4225 drill press comes with 8.6-AMP variable speed for drilling accurately and comfortably.
- It comes with 4-inch spindle travel and stroke capacity that allows you to drill through materials up to 4-inches thick.
- Also, this drill comes with 5/8-inch keyed chuck and onboard chuck key storage. It can accept bits anywhere from 1/12 to 5/8-inches in size.
- Moreover, this drill press includes a built-in work light for illuminating workplace.
- Again, this drill press has a beveling work table which is made of cast iron. It can swivel to 45 degrees for perfect adjustment with the workpieces.
- Precision laser will help you to drill more accurately.
- Digital speed readout will help you to know the exact RPMat every moment.
- Model 4225
- Powered by Corded-electric
- Voltage 120 volts
- Weight 172 pounds
- Dimensions 25 x 12 x 63 inches
- Swing 15 Inches
- Size 15 inches
- Spindle Travel 4 Inches
- Number of Speed Variable Speeds
- Speed Range 280 to 3300 RPM
- Amperage 8.6 Amps
- Chuck Capacity 5/8 Inch
- Height 63 Inches
- Table size 12 x 12 Inches
- Ratings 4.5 out of 5
- Material Metal
- Item package quantity 1
- Add-Ons Digital speed readout, Work light, Laser, Key Storage.
- Warranty 2-year warranty, 90-days commercial.
- This drill press is easy to adjust.
- Also, it has 12 variable speeds.
- Moreover, it is easy to adjust the speeds.
- This drill comes with a solid build.
- It has a capacity to hold a large weight.
- Durable and will last a long time.
- Also, laser light helps to target correctly.
- Cast-iron work table thick and very stable.
- Even, it’s speed helps to make the hole deeper.
- The laser guided drilling is better for accuracy and speed.
- 4-inch stroke increases your versatility and productivity.
- Digital readout displays the machine’s current RPM.
- Takes a bit space.
- This drill might be expensive for some.
- It might create noises with speed vibration
- Also, it is a bit on the heavy side.
- You cannot move it anywhere easily.
What does spindle travel mean on a drill press?
Answer: Spindle travel helpsto make deeper holes. But there might be many other tricks used to drill deeper holes.
Can I lock the spindle in position?
Answer: There is no lock on the spindle.
Can I run 1/8 and 1/6 smallest bit into 4225?
Answer: Yes. You can run both 1/8 and 1/6 in this bit.
Can the drill work with 220 volts?
Answer: No. It is a 110-120 volts motor.
Does the 4225 come fully assembled?
Answer: No. The motor is assembled. But the base, stand and levers need to be put on.
Overall, this is all about information. And, now you know how much benefit you will get from this wen 4225 drill press review.
At last, what can I say?
I think you should make a decision about what you do next.
Otherwise, if you think that the drill press is not perfect for you then you do not need to buy this drill.
The description, specifications, pros, and cons have been reviewed in detail.
It is time to say good-bye. Thanks.
By the way,
If you are eager to know more about our other reviews, then what are you waiting for?
Here are other articles and our powertoolsguyd page.
Thanks again for reading wen 4225 drill press review.