Let us help you find the right purifier in this winix 5500-2 Air Purifier reviews.
Our powertoolsguyd team will help you understand these reviews. We include every feature, pros, and cons. So, it will be easy for you to decide whether you should invest in it.
Of course, you may be someone interested in this air purifier. That is why you found yourself reading this review. Great…
Because we will discuss Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier review right here. And I have assured you that you will get the proper idea about this air purifier from this article. You have to do all is read the review. Got it? Perfecto.
We are living in the digital world and all are very aware of their body fitness. So, if you want to keep your body free from the airborne diseases then you should keep the condition of the air safe. And winix 5500-2 air purifier will help you to do just that.
- 1 Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier reviews: Is It Worth Buying?
- 2 Summary
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier reviews: Is It Worth Buying?
Are you confused about buying a Winix company product? Worried it might only be a loss of money?
No need to worry about that. I have to say that Winix is a good company for air purifiers. They are doing a great job making new and updated products. And it is a well-known company.
This company has released one of the best, which is Winix 5500-2. The air purifier has a good rating on Amazon too.
This is the home of the best air purifier reviews. You are absolutely in the right place.
Now, why you need to read this? How effective is the Winix 5500-2 air purifier? Does it have a stable construction? Is this suitable for you?
If you read the whole Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier reviews with a little patience, you will get all the answers to these questions.
Okay, let’s not waste your time anyway.
A full industry exists to keep the air clean in your house. And the Winix is a top air purifiers company that is well-known around the world and this air purifier is the best air purifier for bedrooms.
So, Winix 5500-2 is not only good for South Korean apartments but also good enough for you.
The Winix 5500-2 air cleaner has come replacing the widely popular 5500 model. It’s designed to clean any home environment.
This purifier is all ready to capture pollen, dust, smoke, mold spores, pet dander, VOC (volatile organic compounds) and household odors. That is why this purifier is suitable for you. If you face problem with any of these air issues then you should take Winix 5500-2 air purifier.
Moreover, this unit is best used for medium and large living spaces such as bedrooms or kitchens.
The Winix 5500-2 purifier has a CADR (Clean Air Delivery Rate) rated from AHAM (Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers).
The Winix 5500-2 filter air purifier uses a 3-stage air cleaning process. There’s two physical filters and the Winix plasma wave step.
This purifier will be effective for you when you will choose the perfect place. But, if you want to use this purifier for extra-large spaces then it will take longer.
Of course, it has a stable construction and nice features like 4 fan speed, sleep mode, smart sensors & auto mode and filters replacement indicator, etc.
We are only getting started. Everything’s left! If you want to have the perfect idea, continue reading about this Winix air purifier.
Air and pollutants sucked into this machine pass through three different filtration stages: An Advanced Odor Control (AOC) Carbon Pre-Filter, a True HEPA Filter, and PlasmaWave Technology.
The AOC Carbon Pre-Filter reduces household odors like food smells, cooking, tobacco smoke, and pet stench. It is made of woven carbon fibers that help to absorb smells. And now pushing odorless air onto the next filter.
Any good air purifier model should have a True HEPA Filter, like the Winix 5500-2. It can capture particles as small as 0.3 microns in size with an effective rating of 99.97%.
Doesn’t this start to capture your heart already!!!
PlasmaWave Technology is Winix’s proprietary electric oxidizing system that destroys any remaining odor molecules, chemical vapors, and airborne allergens.
As a result, you get fresh-balmy, particle-free air that could safely be circulated in a room.
4 Fan Speeds
The Winix 5500-2 puts you in control with its manual mode. What’s this manual mode? Well, this mode allows you to choose the fan speed you desire. There are up to four different speed options for you (Low, Medium, High, and Turbo).
If you want to use the purifier with little to no noise then simply choose Low or Medium mode. Also, if you want to maximize airflow and cleaning power then High or Turbo will get the job done.
Smart Sensors & Auto Mode
The winix 5500-2 consistently monitors the air in your environment using the smart sensors. It has an LED indicator that shows the standard of air quality on a scale.
How will you know your indoor air quality condition?
Simply, the LED indicator will display the colors such as Blue, Amber, and Red. This color display tells you about the quality of air. Air quality is good for blue color, fair for yellow, and if it’s red then you REALLY need to use the air purifier properly.
There’s an auto mode feature for user convenience. When the unit feels that there’s a need for changing the air quality. Then it will adjust automatically with the fan speed for optimal cleaning of the environment.
Sleep mode helps to get the proper environment for sleeping.
How does it work?
Sleep Mode senses the measure of ambient light in the room. Then it does adjust to the fan speed and dims the indicator lights to provide a quiet environment.
Because of that you do not feel disturbed at the time of sleeping.
Filter Replacement Indicator
You may need to change the filter every once in a while depending on the usage.
How will you know when to replace the filter?
The winix 5500-2 has the filter replacement indicator LED light. When the filter needs to be replaced, the filter replacement indicator LED will enlighten.
After replacing the filters, you have to reset the filter replacement indicator.
How will do it?
No problem, powertoolsguyd team is here to co-operate with you. You can reset the indicator simply using a pin or needle to press the filter reset button.
5500-2 purifier has a timer. The timer has an auto-off timer button which lets you cycle three countdown timers. If you switch on this button then it will shut off automatically after the time runs out. Pretty nice to have, huh?
Another amazing feature is the remote control of 5500-2 purifier. It is easy to control from your couch or bed.
If you want to switch on winix 5500-2 manual, by manual I meant manually, then it’s possible. Imagine you just returned home from outside and you are very tired. And you are all ready to take a nap and already laying on the bed.
Now, how will you switch on the Winix 5500-2 purifier?
No worries, in that case, Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier reviews will help you.
If the remote is near you then all you have to do is just click one single button!! There’s an on/off button on the remote that allows easy control of the purifier.
With the remote, you have full control of the purifier. You can adjust the fan speed, control the timer and choose your favorite mode and so much more. It is all in your hand.
Want a purifier with a decent warranty backup?
Yes! Of course, you want that, don’t you?
Winix 5500-2 purifier has a one-year warranty. But, this warranty is valid only in the USA and Canada.
- The Winix 5500-2 purifier has a CADR rated from AHAM for 360 square feet room size. And this is suitable for medium and large rooms such as kitchens, bedrooms and family rooms.
- Winix 5500-2 is Remote Control although it’s possible to switch it on manually.
- Another nice feature of winix 5500-2 is the Timer. Select any one (1, 4, or 8 hours) and it will automatically shut down after the countdown ends.
- It has 4 fan speed modes like low, medium, high and turbo. So, you can use it to your needs.
- Many purifiers use the True HEPA Filter for their construction like winix 5500-2, winix 6300-2. Why? Because this filter captures 99.97% of airborne pollutants; dust mites, pollen, pet dander and other allergens as small as 0.3 microns.
- PlasmaWave acts as a permanent filter. For safe break down of odor, chemical vapors, allergens, and other pollutants.
- It offers a smart sensor, auto mode, and sleep mode. Those are used for different filtration work.
- Activated carbon granular is used to make the washable AOC Carbon Filter for removal of household odors with decibels 27.8 dB.
- Also, it uses three-step air filtration such as the True HEPA Filter, an (AOC) Carbon Pre-Filter, and PlasmaWave Technology.
- This purifier offers a Light sensor and an Odor sensor. It is very effective for use.
- Moreover, it has an air quality indicator with blue, yellow and red. The three colors mean: Blue (good), Yellow (fair), and Red (poor).
- Item model number: 5500-2
- Size: 15 x 8.2 x 23.6 inches
- Energy usage: 70 watts
- Weight: 4 pounds
- Shipping Weight: 8 pounds
- Covering area: 360 square feet
- Noise level: 8 dB
- Batteries: 1 Lithium Polymer batteries required. (included)
- Editor rating: 4 out of 5 stars
- Fan speeds: Low, mid, high, turbo
- Auto-off timer: 1,4,8 hr options
- Recommended position: On the floor only
- Filtration: 3-stage
- Sensors: VOC sensors
- Warranty: 1 year
- Improved technology.
- Well-built for the price.
- Quiet operation.
- Timer feature.
- Sleep mode.
- Remote control.
- Air quality level indicator light.
- PlasmaWave air-cleaning feature.
- Turbo high-speed mode.
- Reusable/washable prefilter.
- Good overall performance.
- Remote has no backlight.
- Sleep mode doesn’t cancel all lights.
- Only available in one color.
- This product releases ozone in a little amount.
To sum up, from my point of view, 5500-2 purifier is one of the best low-range air purifiers on the market. And a potential candidate to be the leader for the worth.
Winix 5500-2 Air Purifier reviews have been provided so that you can make your decision fully aware of the purifier. The Winix 5500-2 has some great features as we have discussed. To be honest, if all you want is the powerful air filtration process then the Winix 5500-2 is a safe bet.
Leave a Reply